Sounds from Hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Sounds from Hell
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/so...m_hell.htm

It's quite old, but since the search didn't come up with any results, I'm going to post it anway. Sleepy

Quote:The following article appeared in the well respected Finland newspaper, Ammenusastia:

"As a communist I don’t believe in Heaven or the Bible; but as a scientist I now believe in Hell," said Dr. Azzacove. "Needless to say we were shocked to make such a discovery. But we know what we saw and we know what we heard. And we are absolutely convinced that we drilled through the gates of Hell!"
Wh- What?! First of all, the newspaper Ammenusastia doesn't even seem to exist. Second of all, what does being a communist have to do with one's belief? Third of all, an audio recording of screaming people is no proof of Hell.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2012, 08:48 AM
RE: Sounds from Hell
Is there enough space for so many people down there? But wait, the Zohar book of the jews say that three headed humans live deep underground where the lava is... (also it says mermaids exist as well).
[+] 1 user Likes Vlad's post
29-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Oh hell, it's a well to hell, a place where sinners dwell and yell. A swell story to tell, but fake nonetheless. It's a classic example of a true story, warped beyond belief to suit other people's beliefs. Say, doesn't that sound like how Bible stories come about?

Here's some more information from Snopes and Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Well_to_Hell_hoax
http://www.snopes.com/religion/wellhell.asp

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
29-06-2012, 10:11 AM
I remember hearing this when I used to listen to Art Bell years ago. He would play it every so often and I would laugh at how much effort he put into making the audience think he really had some sort of serious recording. WARN LISTENERS IN ADVANCE! WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO HEAR IS VERY DISTURBING INDEED! Big Grin Good times!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
29-06-2012, 10:18 AM
(29-06-2012 10:11 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I remember hearing this when I used to listen to Art Bell years ago. He would play it every so often and I would laugh at how much effort he put into making the audience think he really had some sort of serious recording. WARN LISTENERS IN ADVANCE! WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO HEAR IS VERY DISTURBING INDEED! Big Grin Good times!

Yes, the Art Bell crappy recordings thay sounded like a mix of factory noises, stock Hollywood hysteria sounds and a Slayer concert....good times indeed. Tongue

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
29-06-2012, 10:27 AM
(29-06-2012 10:18 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(29-06-2012 10:11 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I remember hearing this when I used to listen to Art Bell years ago. He would play it every so often and I would laugh at how much effort he put into making the audience think he really had some sort of serious recording. WARN LISTENERS IN ADVANCE! WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO HEAR IS VERY DISTURBING INDEED! Big Grin Good times!

Yes, the Art Bell crappy recordings thay sounded like a mix of factory noises, stock Hollywood hysteria sounds and a Slayer concert....good times indeed. Tongue
I think I heard some Grand Central Station in there as well. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
29-06-2012, 10:30 AM
I remember hearing this being played at church by traveling fund collectors (evangelists) during revival services. It was very effective....it seemed to scare the money right out of you.

publius2k4

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
[Image: tumblr_lvj8iyIABB1r2fzujo1_500.gif]
[+] 2 users Like publius2k4's post
29-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Speaking of Art Bell/George Noory and the Coast to Coast AM radio show...I was a regular listener when I was a theist. I didn't believe most of the crap I was hearing, but I was extremely entertained by it. There were even theories on there that later would lead me away from conventional Christianity and when I moved into agnosticism, I still listened a lot and was especially interested in theories of ancient advanced civilizations that allegedly disappeared a million years ago. Fun to think about. But almost at the same moment I came to the realization that I was an atheist, I pretty much lost interest in the show as well. I kind of miss falling asleep to the show or waking in the middle of the night to listen to a few minutes. Of course, maybe I'm sleeping better too now that I don't listen to that crap. Big Grin

~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
29-06-2012, 10:32 AM
(29-06-2012 10:30 AM)publius2k4 Wrote:  I remember hearing this being played at church by traveling fund collectors (evangelists) during revival services. It was very effective....it seemed to scare the money right out of you.
I always though that religious people have become at least a little bit smarter since the Middle Ages. Weeping

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
29-06-2012, 10:37 AM
The Skeptoid podcast recently did an episode on this:

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4307

It's pretty thorough in its debunking.