Sounds from Hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2012, 10:40 AM
RE: Sounds from Hell
(29-06-2012 10:31 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Speaking of Art Bell/George Noory and the Coast to Coast AM radio show...I was a regular listener when I was a theist. I didn't believe most of the crap I was hearing, but I was extremely entertained by it. There were even theories on there that later would lead me away from conventional Christianity and when I moved into agnosticism, I still listened a lot and was especially interested in theories of ancient advanced civilizations that allegedly disappeared a million years ago. Fun to think about. But almost at the same moment I came to the realization that I was an atheist, I pretty much lost interest in the show as well. I kind of miss falling asleep to the show or waking in the middle of the night to listen to a few minutes. Of course, maybe I'm sleeping better too now that I don't listen to that crap. Big Grin
What's really amazing is how completely those advanced civilizations disappeared. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-06-2012, 10:41 AM
(29-06-2012 10:31 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Speaking of Art Bell/George Noory and the Coast to Coast AM radio show...I was a regular listener when I was a theist. I didn't believe most of the crap I was hearing, but I was extremely entertained by it.
Remember the Area 51 guy? lol

publius2k4

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
[Image: tumblr_lvj8iyIABB1r2fzujo1_500.gif]
Find all posts by this user
29-06-2012, 11:18 AM
(29-06-2012 10:32 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I always thought that religious people have become at least a little bit smarter since the Middle Ages. Weeping

Ha- if people had become a little smarter... this forum wouldn't be populated with people so relieved simply to have found it. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
05-09-2012, 08:52 PM
This hoax of "sounds from hell" was also chronicled many years ago by noted tele-evangelist Paul Crouch, who actually showed a "true and authentic" copy of the article from the Finland newspaper to substantiate his claim. I remember watching that episode (I was a Christian follower of such ilk at the time) and asking myself "why hasn't anyone ever heard these before now?"

Interestingly enough, when the debunking of the hoax came out some time later on, Crouch never addressed it, nor did he offer any type of retraction or admission of having been duped, mistaken, or otherwise fooled. It was never mentioned.

If your team doesn't cover on Saturday, your bookie wins on Monday. Simple as that. [/size]
05-09-2012, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 09:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
Sounds like just another fucking party I missed. ... Goddam ankle bracelet.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post