South Carolina Rep. Chris Corley arrested, charged with domestic violence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2016, 08:30 PM
RE: South Carolina Rep. Chris Corley arrested, charged with domestic violence
(27-12-2016 07:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-12-2016 07:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  In California, if the police is called for a domestic violence disturbance (whether or not a firearm threat was involved), they can ask if there are any firearms in the home. If there are, they can confiscate them all. After that, the owner can go through all kinds of legal and monetary hoops to recover them. I guess SC is a little different. Huh

He's a Corley, there are lots of high powered Corleys in positions of power in SC, especially on that side of the state. If he gets more than a slap on the wrist, I will be surprised.

Then again, there is a retired cop (well, more than one) on our street who was making racist remarks to one of the neighbors, then went and discharged his firearm in his back yard. SWAT was even called out. The situation finally calmed down, SWAT left, and this episode never even made it into the paper, which is a total muck-raking rag. Dodgy Go figure. If I did that, I'd end up doing time. Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2016, 08:36 PM
We have a town cop who beat his wife so badly she was hospitalized and had to move out of state because she feared for her life.

Guess who still has a job?

Boy's club politics and nepotism makes me furious.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
31-12-2016, 05:25 PM
(27-12-2016 08:36 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  We have a town cop who beat his wife so badly she was hospitalized and had to move out of state because she feared for her life.

Guess who still has a job?

Boy's club politics and nepotism makes me furious.

I grew up in one of the more urban parts of WV, but we still had a police chief resign after it came to light he kept covering up a city council member's beatings of his wife. So color me unsurprised. (Though the WV State Police have this great commercial around the beginning of hunting season where a truck's guns in its gun rack disappear and then the voice over goes, "If you beat your wife or partner in West Virginia, we'll take your guns for life.")

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post