South Park

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2011, 06:20 AM
South Park
Finally, after years and years of making fun of ALL religions, the makers of South Park have decided to make fun of us, well, actually they make fun of agnostics, not atheists, but close enough. GREAT episode, great mocking, now I don't love agnostics as much as before, it's time they choose their side.

Smile

Watch the full episode for free and 100% legal on their own web-page:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-epi...e-poor-kid

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
11-12-2011, 11:39 PM
RE: South Park
HAHA! Brilliant episode.

They have already made fun of atheists though... In the episode all religions are dead and different factions of Atheism are fighting over minor disagreements. Pretty funny as well... I know it has God in the title and I think it is in season 10!
[+] 2 users Like tobiasfunke's post
12-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Funny! I was just watching the one where Cartman starts a Christian Rock Band. One of his friends says, "But Cartman, you don't know anything about Christianity." He says, "I know just enough to make a lot of money!"

To think of what I know about Christianity...

Oh well, as my dead Uncle Ben used to always tell me, "With great power, comes great responsibility."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Haven't watched it in years. I felt it didn't keep up with my maturity level like Family Guy has.

BTW I'm stoked about the new Beavis and Butthead but haven't seen an episode yet.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
12-12-2011, 05:48 PM
(12-12-2011 05:12 PM)germanyt Wrote:  BTW I'm stoked about the new Beavis and Butthead but haven't seen an episode yet.

I was stoked...I must have grown up too much during their hiatus. Sad

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Yeah Beavis and Butthead either aren't really funny anymore or I went and changed while they were off the air. One of the more interesting changes I found had to do with the mocking segments, where due to MTV programming these days, they mock the reality shows instead of music videos. kind of doesn't fit, I mean I have a hard time picturing B&B watching teen mom and jersey shore instead of badass Danzig videos.

South Park I still like though rarely watch.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
14-12-2011, 04:21 AM
@ germanyt

I think you should watch some episodes, then you will see how wrong your judgment is. I like Family Guy, but you can not compare that tripping psycho show to the hidden messages and agenda in South Park. Just watch some of the newer episodes, it will come to you.

@ tobiasfunke

It's this one: Go God Go! - http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-epi...-go-god-go
And the second part: http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-epi...god-go-xii - here Eric Cartmen was frozen and awaken 500 years in the future...

This is from that show, when they explain evolution...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdc7Ag5F0U0

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
21-02-2012, 04:45 AM
haven't watched it for years,but when i think about it,it's still make me happy,great show!
22-02-2012, 03:19 PM
I simply do not get it how can anyone not watch South Park? Why? There are so many themes they have made fun of and all of them are brilliant.

-Hunter S. Thompson
01-03-2012, 01:57 AM
(12-12-2011 12:16 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Funny! I was just watching the one where Cartman starts a Christian Rock Band. One of his friends says, "But Cartman, you don't know anything about Christianity." He says, "I know just enough to make a lot of money!"

I think you will find if you study your South Park correctly, the actual quote is: ‘I know enough to exploit it’. To say otherwise is a misinterpretation or mistranslation of the text and hence branded as heresy!!!

(22-02-2012 03:19 PM)Filox Wrote:  I simply do not get it how can anyone not watch South Park? Why? There are so many themes they have made fun of and all of them are brilliant.

I think most people who avoid it have a distant view of it owing to the media frenzy that occurred at its launch. Sure it’s vulgar and violent as all hell, but that’s all most people know about it. They don’t know that it’s loaded to the gills with clever satire, great writing, sweeping story arch’s (although I think they ballsed up the Cthulhu story) and some of the best ‘life lessons’ given by a modern TV show.

If not, then I guess its just not some peoples cup of tea, much like how I don’t like tea.

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
[+] 2 users Like Dunhill808's post