South Park

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2012, 02:44 AM
RE: South Park
I love South Park Heart

Quote:I think most people who avoid it have a distant view of it owing to the media frenzy that occurred at its launch. Sure it’s vulgar and violent as all hell, but that’s all most people know about it. They don’t know that it’s loaded to the gills with clever satire, great writing, sweeping story arch’s (although I think they ballsed up the Cthulhu story) and some of the best ‘life lessons’ given by a modern TV show.

So true Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2012, 01:49 AM
(12-12-2011 05:12 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Haven't watched it in years. I felt it didn't keep up with my maturity level like Family Guy

You're kidding, right? South Park has really gone for the social commentary in recent seasons. The boys aren't small children anymore but have been forced to be far too adult for their age, while the parents have become for dumber than their early season counterparts. I feel the show has really grown.
I think this progress is fairly similar to the growth Family Guy had as a series.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
29-03-2012, 02:18 AM
If you ever watched Family guy while under the influence of LSD, you would know they are all but serious. That show is made by high people for high people, while South Park has some theme in every episode and they always point out some basic this-world's problems. Family guy is just for the fun, it rarely has some serious critics regarding our society. A great show, but not with the serious, heavy message in the background.

Like the B b b b b b b b b b b b b bird is the word, bird, bird, the bird is the word... No message in that whole episode, but it is still one of the best things that TV ever had on it.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
30-03-2012, 09:38 AM
[Image: nttfnhnbfjfzbig.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
06-04-2012, 02:03 AM
Hey ppl, this newest South Park is back on religious track, Christianity vs. Judaism. The whole episode is great, but the end is superb. Beware of the Jew-pa-cabra...

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-epi...jewpacabra

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson