South Park creators on Richard Dawkins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2014, 05:25 PM
South Park creators on Richard Dawkins
I saw two commentary videos on YouTube, were Matt Stone and Trey Parker comments their opinions about Atheism and Richard Dawkins.

I think some episodes of South Park is funny, not a huge fan anymore but i still think some scenes are pretty clever

But they basically gave their opinion and thought of Richard Dawkins as a whiner. I mean this is kinda old now so maybe it was just shocking back then, but they did seem to favor "Penn Jillette" though, giving reason that he explains it better and doesn't sound whiny about it "No political correctness about opinions on people here" to say the least.

I don't mind it so much though, i mean everyone has an opinion about something right. I don't think Richard Dawkins is dumb, maybe controversial but i guess thats what comes up i guess in these cases. I like the book "The Selfish Gene" is pretty brilliant if i have to recommend something to read.

Source:

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2014, 06:29 PM
RE: South Park creators on Richard Dawkins
(27-09-2014 05:25 PM)ZeroX3 Wrote:  I saw two commentary videos on YouTube, were Matt Stone and Trey Parker comments their opinions about Atheism and Richard Dawkins.

I think some episodes of South Park is funny, not a huge fan anymore but i still think some scenes are pretty clever

But they basically gave their opinion and thought of Richard Dawkins as a whiner. I mean this is kinda old now so maybe it was just shocking back then, but they did seem to favor "Penn Jillette" though, giving reason that he explains it better and doesn't sound whiny about it "No political correctness about opinions on people here" to say the least.

I don't mind it so much though, i mean everyone has an opinion about something right. I don't think Richard Dawkins is dumb, maybe controversial but i guess thats what comes up i guess in these cases. I like the book "The Selfish Gene" is pretty brilliant if i have to recommend something to read.

Yeah, opinions are like assholes.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Meh - that's their opinion and they're welcome to it.

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
27-09-2014, 07:25 PM
I like Dawkins and I agree with him on several points... But I don't think he comes across so well in debates.

I found Christopher Hitchens' arguments against religion to be far more powerful

But then Dawkins is a scientist first and foremost, not an orator or writer like Christopher Hitchens, and likewise Hitchens was not a scientist...

So their arguments carry significant weight in different areas... Hitchens focusing more on religion's negative influence on the world as a whole, and it's sheer illogical nature, while Dawkins is more scientific about it, and us more concerned with religion's antiscientific tendencies.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-09-2014, 09:43 PM
I like Dawkins, but somebody need to keep him the fuck away from Twitter... Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-09-2014, 01:34 AM
(27-09-2014 09:43 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I like Dawkins, but somebody need to keep him the fuck away from Twitter... Dodgy

Great video, I also agree with the dawkins thing. I would really like him to not say things like that but...sigh...I guess even when your a smart guy like him , it does not make you immune to saying stupid fucking crap lol.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
28-09-2014, 02:00 AM
(27-09-2014 09:43 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I like Dawkins, but somebody need to keep him the fuck away from Twitter... Dodgy

What is the problem with using rape as an example? The only reason stupid people get upset is because "OMG he said 'rape'" and the only reason reasonable people get upset is because those things make stupid people upset.

I really really don't get why what he said is "stupid". Provocative? Yes. Dumb? I don't think so.

Let's never touch sensitive subjects ever then.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
28-09-2014, 02:12 AM
(28-09-2014 02:00 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  

What is the problem with using rape as an example? The only reason stupid people get upset is because "OMG he said 'rape'" and the only reason reasonable people get upset is because those things make stupid people upset.

I really really don't get why what he said is "stupid". Provocative? Yes. Dumb? I don't think so.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
28-09-2014, 02:27 AM
(27-09-2014 06:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-09-2014 05:25 PM)ZeroX3 Wrote:  I saw two commentary videos on YouTube, were Matt Stone and Trey Parker comments their opinions about Atheism and Richard Dawkins.

Yeah, opinions are like assholes.

... They should be kept out of the public view and only shown to others in the case that one desires to have things forced up oneself in a way which might be pleasing or might be very discomforting at the least?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-09-2014, 02:39 AM
(28-09-2014 02:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(28-09-2014 02:00 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  What is the problem with using rape as an example? The only reason stupid people get upset is because "OMG he said 'rape'" and the only reason reasonable people get upset is because those things make stupid people upset.

"My phraseology may have been tactlessly vulnerable to misunderstanding, but I can't help feeling that at least half the problem lies in a wanton eagerness to misunderstand."

"If your morality is based, as mine is, on a desire to increase the sum of happiness and reduce suffering, the decision to deliberately give birth to a Down's baby, when you have the choice to abort it early in the pregnancy, might actually be immoral from the point of view of the child's own welfare."

"Those who thought I was bossily telling a woman what to do rather than let her choose, of course this was absolutely not my intention and I apologise if brevity made it look that way. My true intention was, as stated at length above, simply to say what I personally would do."

"Those who took offence because they know and love a person with Down's syndrome, and who thought I was saying that their loved one had no right to exist, I have sympathy for this emotional point, but it is an emotional one not a logical one."

(All the above is what Dawkins himself has said about it)

Just saying. I pretty much agree with him.

Let's face it, if anyone of us in here was famous and expressed all their unpopular opinions on twitter, those opinions would probably be much worse than that.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post