Southern Hemisphere in the house!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2012, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2012 06:13 PM by craniumonempty.)
Southern Hemisphere in the house!
Well, I am in a house either way... on an island in Brasil. They just got done with Carnaval... hmm, so that means it's Ash Wednesday. I wonder if Brazilians call it hangover day? I never asked. They have all kinds of crazy religions here, but Catholicism is the largest.

I should really take a camera to an Ubuntu ceremony so you can see the craziness. There is a ceremony where they become mediums for children spirits or some shit. It's almost scary (like wow, these people are nuts kind of scary), but fascinating that people believe it at the same time. It is definitely interesting on many aspects.

As far as the country, I like it, but I really listen to the locals and try to keep my nose out of trouble. It helps that I look German, because there are lots of Germans here. If some people thought I was American, they would probably charge me more or... well, not sure what they would do (possibly nothing), so just let them believe what they will until I learn enough. They seem to call all blond haired people German and one person that I'm around all the time seemed hurt when I told him not to call me German, because I'm not. In a way, it seems insulting. It reminded me of Americans calling people Mexican when they clearly weren't and on top of that they didn't know the person.

Well, not sure what else to write at the moment. Hello!

EDIT: I meant to say hi to all the aussies (hence the title), but forgot. Hello, downunderers...

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2012, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2012 07:13 PM by aurora.)
RE: Southern Hemisphere in the house!
(22-02-2012 06:07 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  Well, I am in a house either way... on an island in Brasil. They just got done with Carnaval... hmm, so that means it's Ash Wednesday. I wonder if Brazilians call it hangover day? I never asked. They have all kinds of crazy religions here, but Catholicism is the largest.

I should really take a camera to an Ubuntu ceremony so you can see the craziness. There is a ceremony where they become mediums for children spirits or some shit. It's almost scary (like wow, these people are nuts kind of scary), but fascinating that people believe it at the same time. It is definitely interesting on many aspects.

As far as the country, I like it, but I really listen to the locals and try to keep my nose out of trouble. It helps that I look German, because there are lots of Germans here. If some people thought I was American, they would probably charge me more or... well, not sure what they would do (possibly nothing), so just let them believe what they will until I learn enough. They seem to call all blond haired people German and one person that I'm around all the time seemed hurt when I told him not to call me German, because I'm not. In a way, it seems insulting. It reminded me of Americans calling people Mexican when they clearly weren't and on top of that they didn't know the person.

EDIT: I meant to say hi to all the aussies (hence the title), but forgot. Hello, downunderers...

Welcome Smile

Sorry, but I'm a little confused. Are you from Australia? (as, unless I'm not reading your post correctly, you didn't say) If so, from what part? And what are you doing all the way over there??
My apologies for the 20 questions...Big Grin

(22-02-2012 06:40 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 06:07 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  Well, I am in a house either way... on an island in Brasil. They just got done with Carnaval... hmm, so that means it's Ash Wednesday. I wonder if Brazilians call it hangover day? I never asked. They have all kinds of crazy religions here, but Catholicism is the largest.

Welcome Smile

Sorry, but I'm a little confused. Are you from Australia? (as, unless I'm not reading your post correctly, you didn't say) If so, from what part? And what are you doing all the way over there??
My apologies for the 20 questions...Big Grin

It's okay, I've read another post and now know

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
22-02-2012, 07:19 PM
(22-02-2012 06:40 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  [...]

It's okay, I've read another post and now know

It's ok. I can be confusing at times... well, all the time. well, most of the time. I guess it depends on who you talk to and how much sleep I get. I used to be able to handle days in a row without sleep without getting too odd, but currently (and will probably get worse as I get older) I just miss a few hours and I can't think straight. Oh, well.

22-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Welcome. Smile

Ubuntu ceremony? Tongue
22-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Welcome!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
23-02-2012, 06:30 AM
(22-02-2012 08:02 PM)Ben Wrote:  Welcome. Smile

Ubuntu ceremony? Tongue

crap... I meant Umbanda

My bad... I was using puppy linux (except slacko, not lupu) at the time, so maybe it was a Freudian slip.