Southern cooking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Southern cooking
According to my friend Rosalyn I have totally desecrated her culture by not adding crawdads and black-eyed peas into my gumbo recipe. She says there should also be a little bit of turtle in there as well. To my southern neighbors from the Yankee girl with no sense how do you do your gumbo?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2013, 08:59 PM
RE: Southern cooking
I don't have a gumbo recipe myself, but I can tell you that crawdads make *everything* better. Big Grin

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
28-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Crawdads are not not optional, but TN isn't exactly known for its gumbo. Ask the Louisianian.

28-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Turtle is optional. Tongue
28-11-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm from Alabama/Georgia and wtf is gumbo?

Confused

why the fuck is the little mac amiibo $500 god damn dollars on Amazon when he is an absolute prick and bottom tier as fuck.
29-11-2013, 12:51 AM
(28-11-2013 11:31 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I'm from Alabama/Georgia and wtf is gumbo?

Confused

You know you can use the powers of the internet to find things out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gumbo

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
29-11-2013, 01:24 AM
(27-11-2013 08:16 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  According to my friend Rosalyn I have totally desecrated her culture by not adding crawdads and black-eyed peas into my gumbo recipe. She says there should also be a little bit of turtle in there as well. To my southern neighbors from the Yankee girl with no sense how do you do your gumbo?

This is Southern US cooking, right?

You must not have enough carrion in your food.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-11-2013, 01:27 PM
(29-11-2013 01:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 08:16 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  According to my friend Rosalyn I have totally desecrated her culture by not adding crawdads and black-eyed peas into my gumbo recipe. She says there should also be a little bit of turtle in there as well. To my southern neighbors from the Yankee girl with no sense how do you do your gumbo?

This is Southern US cooking, right?

To tell you the truth I put shirmp, oysters, crab, and sausage. Tomatoes, okra , onion, green peppers, garlic, and saffron.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2013, 01:55 PM
(29-11-2013 01:27 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 01:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  This is Southern US cooking, right?

To tell you the truth I put shirmp, oysters, crab, and sausage. Tomatoes, okra , onion, green peppers, garlic, and saffron.

That's the gumbo my friend used to make - he was from Mississippi.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-11-2013, 05:44 PM
(29-11-2013 01:27 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 01:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  This is Southern US cooking, right?

Not enough opossum.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.