#SouthernLivesMatter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 08:07 AM
#SouthernLivesMatter
Because when you are being "persecuted" the only logical step is to let everyone know...with an ignorant viral social media campaign that totally WON'T backfire.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/southernlivesmatter

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2015, 09:11 AM
RE: #SouthernLivesMatter
With all the great things there are to be proud of here in the South, I am baffled as to why so many are fixated on a symbol of a failed attempt to divide our nation. (The irony of this given the extreme patriotism also exhibited by the same group of people is equally perplexing.) Why choose this symbol to represent our culture? If it is truly heritage and not hate, then why cling to a symbol that makes a large portion of our population feel devalued and, in some cases, fearful? That flag is not our heritage, it is our history. Bury it along with the hatchet and those who fell fighting under it and let's all move on. Yes, the South can rise again. But, it can and should rise up as a beacon of hope, hospitality, charity, love for our neighbors (all of our neighbors, including the ones that look different, speak a different language, or love differently). Let's celebrate our good home cooking, our ability to live off the land, our love of the earth and ability growing things from it, our strength and resolve, our hard work ethic, and our families. Why not create a new banner that illicits in the hearts of those who gaze upon it the same feelings of warmth, love and belonging as I felt as a young Southern boy when I walked in to my grandmothers kitchen for Sunday dinner?

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 4 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
29-06-2015, 12:21 PM
(29-06-2015 09:11 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  With all the great things there are to be proud of here in the South, I am baffled as to why so many are fixated on a symbol of a failed attempt to divide our nation. (The irony of this given the extreme patriotism also exhibited by the same group of people is equally perplexing.) Why choose this symbol to represent our culture? If it is truly heritage and not hate, then why cling to a symbol that makes a large portion of our population feel devalued and, in some cases, fearful? That flag is not our heritage, it is our history. Bury it along with the hatchet and those who fell fighting under it and let's all move on. Yes, the South can rise again. But, it can and should rise up as a beacon of hope, hospitality, charity, love for our neighbors (all of our neighbors, including the ones that look different, speak a different language, or love differently). Let's celebrate our good home cooking, our ability to live off the land, our love of the earth and ability growing things from it, our strength and resolve, our hard work ethic, and our families. Why not create a new banner that illicits in the hearts of those who gaze upon it the same feelings of warmth, love and belonging as I felt as a young Southern boy when I walked in to my grandmothers kitchen for Sunday dinner?

The religious seem utterly incapable of identifying irony. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
29-06-2015, 05:14 PM
(29-06-2015 12:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  The religious seem utterly incapable of identifying irony. Drinking Beverage

Agreed! Thumbsup

Also, add hypocrisy to the list of things they have difficulty understanding.
[+] 2 users Like TheBear's post
29-06-2015, 05:21 PM
(29-06-2015 05:14 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 12:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  The religious seem utterly incapable of identifying irony. Drinking Beverage

Agreed! Thumbsup

And logic and basic science and sleeping in.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
29-06-2015, 05:29 PM
(29-06-2015 05:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 05:14 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Agreed! Thumbsup

And logic and basic science and sleeping in.

Fuck that sleeping in bullshit. Rise and shine, lazy bastard! (hippies and their lazy ways)
29-06-2015, 08:36 PM
Fuck off, some of us work nights.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
29-06-2015, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2015 09:40 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
Oddly enough, the nine black lives lost in Charleston were Southern, too.

I wonder why the creators of this hashtag don't see that.
30-06-2015, 06:09 AM
(29-06-2015 08:07 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Because when you are being "persecuted" the only logical step is to let everyone know...with an ignorant viral social media campaign that totally WON'T backfire.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/southernlivesmatter

AHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Sorry. I kind of lost control with the whole schadenfreude thing, there. It's hard to take this stuff seriously.
30-06-2015, 06:14 AM
(29-06-2015 08:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fuck off, some of us work nights.
When you work nights - the rules are different.

I used to work 4 duty section watches -- 12 hours on, 12 off, 12 on, 48 off -- then 12/12 on and 72 off.... So you go from day watch, to midwatch every 9 days......

After a midwatch - you drink beer with breakfast at 7 a.m. - because it's your dinner.....

Anyone who had a problem with it could kiss my ass......

I still love the taste of an omelet chased with a Guinness......

I just don't do it at 7 a.m......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.