#SouthernLivesMatter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2015, 08:43 AM
RE: #SouthernLivesMatter
(01-07-2015 08:41 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(01-07-2015 08:40 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yeah...I'm done with the south. Let em leave. They want to so bad.

They'd be so screwed (fucking welfare states)

Not our problem. I say give them what they want. They can see how it goes and if they ever decided to rejoin it would be under the condition to pull their heads out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2015, 08:43 AM
#SouthernLivesMatter
(01-07-2015 08:43 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(01-07-2015 08:41 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  They'd be so screwed (fucking welfare states)

Not our problem. I say give them what they want. They can see how it goes and if they ever decided to rejoin it would be under the condition to pull their heads out.

If it wouldn't fuck over so many of the residents of those states, I'd agree with you

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
01-07-2015, 08:45 AM
They can get a passport and move, or vote to change things. I'm done with all the shit they are doing.
01-07-2015, 08:46 AM
#SouthernLivesMatter
(01-07-2015 08:45 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  They can get a passport and move, or vote to change things. I'm done with all the shit they are doing.

"There is nothing quite as sad as a young pessimist, except perhaps an old optimist." -Mark Twain

I'm still optimistic that the younger generations can effect change.

-Rick
01-07-2015, 08:46 AM
And I think if things are going to change everyone needs to be done with it.
01-07-2015, 08:49 AM
(01-07-2015 08:46 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(01-07-2015 08:45 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  They can get a passport and move, or vote to change things. I'm done with all the shit they are doing.

"There is nothing quite as sad as a young pessimist, except perhaps an old optimist." -Mark Twain

How long have they had already? Most of the change they have done has been forced on them and they cry about it and continue to have stupid flags and crap and talk about how they will just change things back eventually. I've lost any hope I guess.
01-07-2015, 08:52 AM
#SouthernLivesMatter
(01-07-2015 08:49 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(01-07-2015 08:46 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "There is nothing quite as sad as a young pessimist, except perhaps an old optimist." -Mark Twain

How long have they had already? Most of the change they have done has been forced on them and they cry about it and continue to have stupid flags and crap and talk about how they will just change things back eventually. I've lost any hope I guess.

I've got some friends who see past it and still live down there

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
01-07-2015, 08:56 AM
As do I. One of my very best friends lives in Alabama. As terrible as rh is makes me sound i feel they aren't able or willing to fight to fix things. Their best hope is to move.
01-07-2015, 08:57 AM
Also my friend from Alabama, who I know is a very good person , still fights for that damn flag and it's "proud" heritage.
01-07-2015, 08:57 AM
#SouthernLivesMatter
(01-07-2015 08:56 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  As do I. One of my very best friends lives in Alabama. As terrible as rh is makes me sound i feel they aren't able or willing to fight to fix things. Their best hope is to move.

Fighting against the current regime seems pretty hopeless, I hope for a longer term solution where the younger generation has more say in government.

-Rick