#SouthernLivesMatter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2015, 09:00 AM
RE: #SouthernLivesMatter
(01-07-2015 08:57 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(01-07-2015 08:56 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  As do I. One of my very best friends lives in Alabama. As terrible as rh is makes me sound i feel they aren't able or willing to fight to fix things. Their best hope is to move.

Fighting against the current regime seems pretty hopeless, I hope for a longer term solution where the younger generation has more say in government.

Certainly looks like misplaced hope, but maybe it will happen. Time will tell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2015, 09:02 AM
#SouthernLivesMatter
(01-07-2015 09:00 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(01-07-2015 08:57 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Fighting against the current regime seems pretty hopeless, I hope for a longer term solution where the younger generation has more say in government.

Certainly looks like misplaced hope, but maybe it will happen. Time will tell.

Maybe, but it's not like having those states rift from the U.S. would be good for the global or American economy. It would cause far more problems than it would solve.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
01-07-2015, 09:09 AM
I honestly don't care if we are a superpower anymore. I want to live somewhere that isn't a laughing stock and has integrity. I'm tired of coddling. I'm tired of watching churches burn and people being shot because of skin color. I'm tired of people denying love because some fucking old book tells them to.

I'm just fucking tired.
01-07-2015, 09:12 AM
#SouthernLivesMatter
(01-07-2015 09:09 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I honestly don't care if we are a superpower anymore. I want to live somewhere that isn't a laughing stock and has integrity. I'm tired of coddling. I'm tired of watching churches burn and people being shot because of skin color. I'm tired of people denying love because some fucking old book tells them to.

I'm just fucking tired.

I'm not advocating we remain a "superpower," I'm referring to the ripple effect of what would happen if one the world's largest economies split.

-Rick
01-07-2015, 09:14 AM
We'd adapt.
01-07-2015, 09:15 AM
Look, I know I'm not being rational. But I'm so sick of the bullshit.
01-07-2015, 09:16 AM
#SouthernLivesMatter
(01-07-2015 09:14 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  We'd adapt.

But the negative effects would mount and I doubt anyone would really know just how severe they'd be.

The human species would probably adapt, unless the ripple resulted in a collapse that resulted in extinction. That's probably a little "slippery slope" fallacy but hopefully you're smelling what I'm stepping in. Picking up what I'm putting down.

-Rick
01-07-2015, 09:17 AM
#SouthernLivesMatter
(01-07-2015 09:15 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Look, I know I'm not being rational. But I'm so sick of the bullshit.

Yep, me too. Which is why I started this thread and the civil war one. The anti-intellectualism movement is deeply entrenched in the south. It's nauseating.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
01-07-2015, 09:18 AM
We are not so important that we would cause the extinction of the mankind. Another power would just take our place and things would change.

But I do understand what you're saying.
01-07-2015, 09:20 AM
#SouthernLivesMatter
(01-07-2015 09:18 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  We are not so important that we would cause the extinction of the mankind. Another power would just take our place and things would change.

But I do understand what you're saying.

But which world powers would take that on? China?

-Rick