SpaceX Failure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2015, 06:22 PM
SpaceX Failure
I was very disappointed this morning when I watched a NASA mission explode in front of my eyes. Sad

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/...tion-wrong
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: SpaceX Failure
Anyone who thinks that space exploration is a "waste of money" is an egotistical moron.

This planet isn't "it". Our current existence is not the grand destination for mankind. That's the stars.

If we don't explore, we stagnate and die.

We're explorers. Always have been, always will be.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
28-06-2015, 06:42 PM
(28-06-2015 06:28 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Anyone who thinks that space exploration is a "waste of money" is an egotistical moron.

This planet isn't "it". Our current existence is not the grand destination for mankind. That's the stars.

Humans are the universe's way of observing itself. Almost seems a waste not to explore as far as we can Yes

Too bad about this setback, but hopefully it is a learning experience, trial and error.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
28-06-2015, 06:44 PM
(28-06-2015 06:42 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(28-06-2015 06:28 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Anyone who thinks that space exploration is a "waste of money" is an egotistical moron.

Humans are the universe's way of observing itself. Almost seems a waste not to explore as far as we can Yes

Too bad about this setback, but hopefully it is a learning experience, trial and error.

Mistakes are forgivable.

Failing to learn from them, less so.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-06-2015, 06:53 PM
This was the 7th mission of this rocket design. They were sending supplies and research equipment to the ISS. The previous 6 missions went off without a glitch. The debris field must be massive! It was quite high in altitude when it exploded.
01-07-2015, 12:34 AM
Luckily, SpaceX is known for instumenting the hell out of their craft, so they should have some really solid data about what went wrong, and they're highly adaptive.

I love that company and everything for which they stand.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
01-07-2015, 03:18 AM
Times haven't changed that much I suppose.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
01-07-2015, 11:59 AM
When it comes to anything even remotely resembling progress, the media manages to spin it negatively. The failures are turned into sensationalised headlines, while the successes are relegated to science journals and alternative news sources.

Traditional media outlets have little to no journalistic integrity, just a bunch of on air personalities reading from prompters, and editorial staffs that'd be better suited working for TMZ.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user