SpaceX Lands! Woot!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2015, 09:11 AM
SpaceX Lands! Woot!
Merry Christmas to all from above! Heart Angel

SpaceX first ever orbital rocket landing.

Who wants tickets, let's go for a ride?! Big Grin

Im so pumped for this.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like LadyJane's post
22-12-2015, 12:22 PM
RE: SpaceX Lands! Woot!
That is something. The rocket is reusable too...I don't know if I'm as excited about that.

That might end up being the fly in the ointment?

Still very interesting, thanks for sharing it. Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-12-2015, 03:42 PM
We used to reuse the shuttle solid boosters as well. Shouldn't be too much worry over this one.
22-12-2015, 03:56 PM
I like it because it is reminiscent of the old 1950s Sci-fi where the rocket lands upright on an alien planet, all ready to blast off again!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
22-12-2015, 04:31 PM
(22-12-2015 03:56 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I like it because it is reminiscent of the old 1950s Sci-fi where the rocket lands upright on an alien planet, all ready to blast off again!

I had this story in my messages box when I logged in, this morning, from my best friend (who's in S.Korea, 14 hours ahead of me). My first thought was "Heinlein's rocketry visions are coming true at last!"

I'm so mad that SpaceX has no publicly traded stocks; I want to invest in that company so badly it makes my teeth rattle!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
22-12-2015, 04:39 PM
(22-12-2015 04:31 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 03:56 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I like it because it is reminiscent of the old 1950s Sci-fi where the rocket lands upright on an alien planet, all ready to blast off again!

I had this story in my messages box when I logged in, this morning, from my best friend (who's in S.Korea, 14 hours ahead of me). My first thought was "Heinlein's rocketry visions are coming true at last!"

I'm so mad that SpaceX has no publicly traded stocks; I want to invest in that company so badly it makes my teeth rattle!

Makes me go ballistic. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-12-2015, 04:43 PM
(22-12-2015 04:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 04:31 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I had this story in my messages box when I logged in, this morning, from my best friend (who's in S.Korea, 14 hours ahead of me). My first thought was "Heinlein's rocketry visions are coming true at last!"

Makes me go ballistic. Angry

[Image: oEhVvjZ.gif]

Big Grin

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
24-12-2015, 02:56 AM
I'm taking bets on when the first reused booster achieves the same feat: To return safely to earth after launching a payload into orbit. My current bet is March 2017.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
27-12-2015, 08:36 PM
If it weren't for things like this, I'd lose hope for the Human race. What a fantastic and monumental achievement. This is the power of reason demonstrated for all to see. For the rest of their lives they will have this to look back on with pride. That's right theists, I said pride. I know you don't like it. You want us all on our knees begging forgiveness for an unearned guilt. Your faith is false. This is real. This will eventually lead to more good for Man kind than any religion ever could. It's men and women like this who will take us to the stars one day. Next step, unlocking the vast resources of our solar system for our benefit. This is one small step towards that.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick