Spaceship "TTA"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2011, 03:01 PM

Spaceship "TTA"
Imagine that all of TTA went on a galactic cruise in a giant spaceship.

Suppose the spaceship crash-landed on a far away uninhabited planet, beyond hope of rescue from, and even communication with, Earth. There is no hope that the spaceship can ever be repaired and take off again.

The Planet is very much like Earth: benign climate, plenty of wildlife and natural resources.

In our community, every skill necessary for comfortable survival is represented.

There is no one in position of authority because the crew died in the crash and the others are all equal.

The credit cards and whatever small bills we have in our pockets are meaningless.

There are lots of tools and basic raw material piled up in the spaceship (miraculously intact) and some generators to get us started. But nobody owns any of it.

Now imagine: we gather together in a big circle and try to figure out what to do next, how to organize ourselves.

Any suggestions about how it would go?

(Now I realize that the topic lends itself to a lot of fun, banter and hilarity, and I am looking forward to it. But I also hope there will be an interesting and meaningful
discussion on possible options and outcomes.

Let's have some fun!
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2011, 03:18 PM
RE: Spaceship "TTA"
Strip the ship use parts to make shelters, although if the ships fully intact that would be unnecessary. And we need to agree who wears the redshirt I'm not doing it I've seen startrek Big Grin

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Id use the futuristic power tools to carve big random sculptures in the landscape............to confuse generations thousands of years down the line Tongue

I think I would contribute to our new smaller society by fishing the new waters.......that would be such an amazing thing to do. Id also look to see if it had any marijuana like plants.........for hemp seeds for the fishing of course Angel

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
05-10-2011, 03:25 PM

bemore, you are back -- I missed you so much!!! Tongue
05-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Assuming that there are wild animals.

I am deffinately hunter gatherer. I have skills with spears and the like so killing animlas is of no difficulty.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
05-10-2011, 03:33 PM

How many members in TTA? How large a community are we talking about? How would we organize ourselves? Huh
05-10-2011, 03:38 PM
First things first. I would suggest gathering together and asking each person what they can contribute. What was your career on earth, what skill sets do you have that could potentially benefit the group as a whole, that type of thing. Those with construction skills could work together to build an initial, rudementary shelter, those with hunting/fishing/farming skills could work together to get food and establish a reliable food source, and so on and so forth. Every skill would need to be maximized, and determining who can do what would be a priority. The time for learning new skills would be essential, but at a later stage.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
05-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Divide the people into teams - not more than 4-6 persons per team - of similar temperament. You could choose up teams by planting a standard in the ground for each type of work-ethic: pennants with symbols: lion team, monkey team, musk-ox team, dolphin team... etc. Then, each team can decide what kind of work they're best suited to and select a leader on a project-by-project basis - whoever has most experience/ aptitude in the given task. On big, complex projects, several teams could join forces.

And i want one of those cute pins like FSM_scot has under his signature line, only my team's would be in the shape of a crow.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
05-10-2011, 04:01 PM
We would most likely organize ourselves based upon our skills. As for leadership. Someone or some poeple would naturally rise up to organize us.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
05-10-2011, 04:07 PM

I looked it up: currently we have 1233 registered members. That is a lot of people to organize. Who would start it? Remember, we are standing in a circle, totally bewildered, most of us just waiting to see what would happen. Who would speak up first? What would (s)he say?

I am looking for a volunteer to start talking first.

Who is brave enough?

How would it proceed?

If you have an idea for a script for a possible first conversation, I would like to hear it.