Spaceship "TTA"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2011, 09:20 PM
RE: Spaceship "TTA"
I can teach, bandage minor wounds, design comfortable living spaces and improvise furnishings and make strong, bad wine.

But i'm neither preserving nor fermenting any fruits that may be poisonous.
How do we find out what's safe to eat?
And i'm still concerned about the environment, not-fucking-it-up-wise. I think we need to move very slowly, very carefully; observe and record very accurately, plan with regard to a long-range balanced lifestyle.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2011, 09:36 PM
(05-10-2011 09:20 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  And i'm still concerned about the environment, not-fucking-it-up-wise. I think we need to move very slowly, very carefully; observe and record very accurately, plan with regard to a long-range balanced lifestyle.

I'm with you on any project related to energy and recycling. I have some background in solar/wind energy and ecological waste reuse and disposal. Let's do it right the first time, not try to fix what we screw up.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
06-10-2011, 02:44 AM
Well... my personal hobby is electronics and alternate energy. I've worked on radios and aircraft for quite some time, so I'd probably end up in the engineering group. So I get to wear the yellow shirt... right?

As far as other skills... I suppose organizing, education, and interpersonal skills. I enjoy being a co-leader or 2nd in command. I like helping people first and formost.

I would probably work with the other engineers to see if your spaceship is salvageable and help set up landing site communications.

I also enjoy cooking quite a bit as well.

So yeah, my first task would be to help pull the radios out of the ship and set up a primitive radio tower so we can maintain contact with a space command (if it exists in this scenario) or so we can talk to each other as we start embarking onto this world.

I think we would not be worried about government at first or anything like that, after we insured that everyone could be fed and sheltered then I think we would have our first meeting.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
06-10-2011, 03:52 AM
I think I would bring absolutely nothing to be honest.

I'm of reasonably high intelligence but I suspect most people here have at least reasonably high intelligence anyway.

I'm very cynical which most people here probably aren't, I my occasionally be useful being 'the other side of the argument so to speak', stopping us from getting too far ahead of ourselves.

I work in a supermarket and a school. If a few years down the line we have a desperate need for someone to either supervise a group of checkout staff or entertain a small group of children for a while then I'd be perfect but it seems rather unlikely.

All in all, I think I'm shaping up to be a pretty good societal parasite if we ever get our own planet. Sorry people I'm just going to sponge off you.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
06-10-2011, 05:08 AM
(06-10-2011 03:52 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  I think I would bring absolutely nothing to be honest.

I'm of reasonably high intelligence but I suspect most people here have at least reasonably high intelligence anyway.

I'm very cynical which most people here probably aren't, I my occasionally be useful being 'the other side of the argument so to speak', stopping us from getting too far ahead of ourselves.

I work in a supermarket and a school. If a few years down the line we have a desperate need for someone to either supervise a group of checkout staff or entertain a small group of children for a while then I'd be perfect but it seems rather unlikely.

All in all, I think I'm shaping up to be a pretty good societal parasite if we ever get our own planet. Sorry people I'm just going to sponge off you.

You are intelligent so you obviously can be taught a skill. If it makes you feel better you can be on my communications and electronics team. I'll train you!

06-10-2011, 05:44 AM

We have another problem, people!

There are over a thousand of us and we don't know what the male-female ratio is?

I suspect that more males than females (maybe I am wrong) -- so is this going to cause serious friction?

I the ratio is really uneven, should we consider alternative family arrangements? Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2011, 07:15 AM
However it is unfortunate that I never want to have children... lol. Hopefully we have the technology to genetically engineer children to avoid terrible inbreeding.

06-10-2011, 07:59 AM
(06-10-2011 05:44 AM)Zatamon Wrote:  We have another problem, people!

There are over a thousand of us and we don't know what the male-female ratio is?

I suspect that more males than females (maybe I am wrong) -- so is this going to cause serious friction?

I the ratio is really uneven, should we consider alternative family arrangements? Big Grin

Nothing a weekly gangbang can't solve Tongue

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
06-10-2011, 08:08 AM

..........Thammuz, I will pretend I never saw that! Tongue

Let me suggest a first draft of an organizational chart. Please feel free to add/delete/change.

Production

Food
Shelter
Clothing
Engineering

Distribution

Warehousing
Cafeterias
Stores

Social Services

Education
Health
Entertainment

Coordination

Prioritizing
Resource Allocation
Manpower Allocation
Conflict resolution

People can sign up to one or more of the 'departments', as their skills and interests make it a logical choice for them and the rest of us.

I hope not everybody will want to be in Coordination, or we will have very short life-spans on this planet.
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2011, 10:25 AM
I'll make myself available as needed for:

Shelter
Engineering
Warehousing
Entertainment

I think engineering should be broken up into sub categories. There are too many seriously important variances where talents may conflict E.G. energy, basic infrastructure, building infrastructure, electrical engineering, waste/water management or water production if necessary, food production as structure and development is concerned, I could continue. It's a pretty wide category as just Engineering.

Visit Conflict resolution carefully. What is that? Police, Judicial?... by what? by committee, appointment of justices, ballot, draw straws? Could prove a divisive element. What is the basis of judgment? Execution of judgments? What is the means by which the people know the rules? Are there rules? Even if there are no solid direction or rules, rules of some primitive sort are going to be necessary just because of the nature of human beings. We may have to form a conflict resolution group with it's own thread eventually, that hashes out just that issue. How do we decide who is in that group?

Who can turn skies back and begin again?