Spaceship "TTA"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2011, 11:42 AM
RE: Spaceship "TTA"
One other little item,

If cannabis is found on the planet or if it has been brought along, I think it should be coordinated between health and entertainment along with alcoholic beverages. Cannabis is an excellent mental health aid mostly when cooked into food dishes. If smoked it's not so great and could cause health issues that could deplete health resources. Alcohol the same; It's not as good a mental and physical health aid, could have grave social and health problems but has it's entertainment value.

I am absolutely serious!

Anyway, I am with the entertainment group, so what do you expect.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2011, 03:03 PM

(06-10-2011 10:25 AM)defacto7 Wrote:  I'll make myself available as needed for:

Shelter
Engineering
Warehousing
Entertainment

So noted by our temporary TTA clerk (myself).

Quote:I think engineering should be broken up into sub categories. There are too many seriously important variances where talents may conflict E.G. energy, basic infrastructure, building infrastructure, electrical engineering, waste/water management or water production if necessary, food production as structure and development is concerned, I could continue. It's a pretty wide category as just Engineering.

Absolutely. I was waiting for suggestions. Once more suggestions come in, I will post a revised organizational chart.

Quote:Visit Conflict resolution carefully. What is that? Police, Judicial?... by what? by committee, appointment of justices, ballot, draw straws? Could prove a divisive element. What is the basis of judgment? Execution of judgments? What is the means by which the people know the rules? Are there rules? Even if there are no solid direction or rules, rules of some primitive sort are going to be necessary just because of the nature of human beings. We may have to form a conflict resolution group with it's own thread eventually, that hashes out just that issue. How do we decide who is in that group?

I tried it once in "How to Resolve Conflicting Loyalties" post in the "Morality Thread" (Post #25).
It is more Philosophical than practical, but it might contribute to a foundation on which a system could be built.

You are right, sooner or later we will have to deal with this issue, no matter how much we would like to avoid doing so.

One more thought: To avoid problems arising from possible sexual unbalance, we could slightly alter the rules of the game and agree that our partners and maybe even families accompanied us on this galactic cruise and they are here with us now. After all, who would want to go on a cruise like this without our loved ones?

Just a thought, let me know what you think.

Signed TTATCZ (TTA Temporary Clerk Zatamon).
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2011, 03:40 PM
I'd sign up for any of the coordination, would happily sign up for education (though I would better sticking to the basics as opposed to quantum physics or something) and monkeyshine offered to teach me engineering. Maybe I wouldn't be so useless after all Smile.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
06-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Soooo...
Defacto7 and i should go on a scouting expedition, catalogue flora and fauna, try to find a suitable settlement site - i'm thinking top of a hill near running water (a little falls would be good) outlook, wind-access, earth- or rock-shelter at rear... good drainage for amenities. Tazmin? You'll be safe with us.

Meanwhile, monkeyshines, would you please take Thammuz out behind the spaceship and educate him on women's rights, while everyone sings very loudly.

Thoughts on conflict-resolution/ justice:
As with all other administrative duties, i suggest overlapping rotation on tribunals, each member serving a short term (six months, max) with everyone taking turns at every kind of administrative duty. Some will have more aptitude than others, but only one fresh member at any given time (except the first group, and that should probably be senior people with most Earth-side organizational experience, set things up and to train their successors).
With conflict-resolution, the justice tribunal basically arbitrates a compromise or mutually agreeable outcome. With infractions.... well, that will depend on the system of rules we all work out.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
06-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Holy shit, we are doomed.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
06-10-2011, 04:41 PM
(06-10-2011 04:12 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  Soooo...
Defacto7 and i should go on a scouting expedition, catalogue flora and fauna, try to find a suitable settlement site - i'm thinking top of a hill near running water (a little falls would be good) outlook, wind-access, earth- or rock-shelter at rear... good drainage for amenities. Tazmin? You'll be safe with us.

Thanks Peterkin for taking the initiative to scout. If there is a waterfall of some sort I would steer clear within reason. That is probably a clean water source. Especially, there should be some guidelines as to access to the top of the falls for the sake of clean water preservation and erosion. Streams are good within a safe distance, river banks can be exceptional with adequate understanding of seasonal runoff. If you find springs this is a great advantage.

Running water can be a source of electrical energy. I'm sure we could find some DC motors in the wreckage to use as generators. I would prefer wind if that is readily available.

Oh yes, I think we need some of that medicinal cannabis for NotSoV. He seems to need some emotional support.

06-10-2011, 05:12 PM
I'll volunteer to grow the weed.

I'll also volunteer to scout an appropriate place to start food crops (ie, healthy soil, close enough to a water source in case the need arises for irrigation, flat(ish) land to minimize erosion, etc). I can also help to educate anyone interested in how to farm with little to no negative impact if they are willing to come along on the scout.

I would sugest that both scouting parties keep in mind the others objective as well as looking for good hunting areas (and perhaps hunting during the trip should the opportunity arise) and all the while keeping in mind that proximity is always an important factor.

Any volunteer farmers/hunters out there?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
06-10-2011, 05:15 PM
One last suggestion.....perhaps since Zat is the mastermind of this experiment, he should notify each party of what they find via PM, and they can proceed how they feel they would in reality. (ie. I find a good stream. Do I suggest this as a good place to farm, or do I decide that this spot would better serve as a "homestead" and let the other scouting party know about it and give them first choice. Just one of a billion examples)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
06-10-2011, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2011 07:30 PM by defacto7.)
Stark, a question. When scouting, should we be watching for animal migration trails or markings? Should be steer clear or utilize? We should determine some regular human pathways for safety and not to disrupt other animal habitat as well as not to just tramp the whole place down.
(06-10-2011 05:38 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  Stark, a question. When scouting, should we be watching for animal migration trails or markings? Should be steer clear or utilize? We should determine some regular human pathways for safety and not to disrupt other animal habitat as well as not to just tramp the whole place down.
I didn't get to finish the post...

This is the beginning of our infrastructure. We are going to have an impact on this planet. We don't belong here. Let's understand it from the start and treat it accordingly.

Anyone have any artistic talents or mapping experience? We may need to start mapping things out soon.

06-10-2011, 07:22 PM

As long as there is interest in this thread, I will keep on top of it and post daily summaries of where we are at the moment. However, we need more participants in the make-belief, but potentially exciting, exercise in creative thinking and consensus building.
Quote this message in a reply