Spam Spam Spam Eggs and Spam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2015, 07:16 AM
RE: Spam Spam Spam Eggs and Spam
*I made a bazillion working only 4 minutes a week, at home...you can too. Just send me $479.35 and I will tell you how.*

Yeah, okay...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2015, 07:19 AM
(16-08-2015 05:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 04:45 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Respond ChristianMingle with -Do you really want a married atheist as a member of your group?

Stopped those emails in about a day when I did that. Tongue

Or even ... "Do you really want a married atheist as a member of your group ... who has a concealed carry permit and a short fuse?"

I was talking about Christian Mingle only.

I don't carry concealed or otherwise. It's not been safe due to nerve damage, I was smart enough to know that I didn't need to be handling weapons till the issue resolved.

And, for some people, I have no fuse.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-08-2015, 10:24 PM
(16-08-2015 07:00 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I'm really curious, RocketSurgeon.... Given your absence, and lack of internet, did a few of them seem more real than others until you caught onto all the new ways people are trying to scam us? Maybe not the more obvious ones, but the ones that "are from your bank" or the ones "from the IRS". It would be understandable if you were.

Spam filters are more effective now than they were 9 years ago, so at least there's that. =)

Yeah I was actually impressed at the quality of my spam filter... only one piece of spam got through, ever... but nah, none of them would've fooled me if they'd made it past. I think I look at way too many different types of website for the pattern-finding programs to get a handle on me, so my stuff's pretty generic, so there is that.

I keep a pretty tight rein on what emails to expect, and from whom.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
16-08-2015, 11:20 PM
(16-08-2015 10:24 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  a pretty tight rein

Didja hear about the king who was always tied up?

He kept a pretty tight reign...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
16-08-2015, 11:22 PM
(16-08-2015 11:20 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 10:24 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  a pretty tight rein

Didja hear about the king who was always tied up?

He kept a pretty tight reign...
GROAN!!!!!
[+] 2 users Like Mrs.B's post
16-08-2015, 11:27 PM
My junk is full Laughat of social media stuff ... mainly Facebook.

"I saw your profile on <insert social media brand of choice> and I'm interesting in ... etc."

No, love, you didn't. Social doesn't live here anymore.

Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
17-08-2015, 06:21 AM
I must not be subscribing to the right things because all I get is
- "unable to deliver package, print the attached receipt and take it to the post office"
- "notice to appear in court"
- "fine for not paying toll"
all badly misspelled and with basic grammatical errors and with links to obviously dodgy web sites. The funniest part is that lately they've all been sent to an email address I monitor for a volunteer group so it is a completely impersonal account not actually associated with any individual.

The one thing it shows is that we desperately need to teach critical thinking skills in the schools. The idea that anybody could see any of these and not immediately dismiss them as spam is frightening. These people vote for god's sake! Gasp

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
17-08-2015, 06:23 AM
(17-08-2015 06:21 AM)unfogged Wrote:  These people vote for god's sake! Gasp

Well... if you let the spammers do their essential ecological function... the herd gets stronger...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Yes... and unfortunately they tend to vote for GOD's sake. (Or at least, what their preachers tell them God wants them to vote. Freakin' tax-exempt church-PAC.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
17-08-2015, 10:02 AM
Does phone spam count? Lately I've been getting an almost daily call that just says "you must be at least 30 and have a major credit card to check into the hotel. Press 1 for more information" and when you press 1 it just repeats. I have no idea what the purpose is. I finally just blocked the number this morning.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP