Spanking Children

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2014, 03:22 AM
RE: Spanking Children
(26-12-2014 03:17 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  If you want a study, this one claimed to have found an association between spanking at age 5 with increased likelihood of children exhibiting 'externalising behaviours' and 'lower child receptive vocabulary scores' at age 9.

"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise". Smile

Thanks, will take a look....

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2014, 09:05 AM
I've taken a few cracks around the ears when I was a kid. I think I learned as a child that violence is the answer for someone slighting you. I'm a little more wise now though and have learned that violence should always be a last resort and only in extreme cases. I'm not sure that any extreme cases exist when it comes to childern but I could be wrong. I don't have parisites but I don't think I'd hit them for misbehaving if I did.
I know a girl that hits her kids for misbehaving but if she sees you hit a dog she'll flip out. I don't get that...
26-12-2014, 09:57 AM
I have two sons, aged 13 and 11, and I've never put a hand on them in anger. I've certainty wanted to, but I've never done it. And, they are both generally well behaved and respectful kids. Sure, they have their moments but all kids do. So do most adults.

If you teach your kids that violence solves problems, that is what they learn. That doesn't mean that I think any kid who is spanked will grow up to be violent or abusive, because that is obviously not true. But, I do think it makes them more likely to see violence as a legitimate means of resolving issues.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
26-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Man spanking is crazy. I have meet kids who have been spanked with extension cords, belts, shoes, hell even spoons. Any way, spanking goes no where, all it does is make a kid think that violence can solve some problems.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
27-12-2014, 04:04 PM
I was beat very violently at least once a week as a child. I had huge anger problems well into my 30s. Every once in awhile it still slips out. My wife gets angry with me because I refuse to discipline my daughter when she make me angry. I Will not hit my daughter under any circumstances. Child abuse has caused me great pain. Luckily that prick died in an auto accident when I was ten. Please don't hit your children.
27-12-2014, 04:26 PM
(26-12-2014 09:57 AM)BnW Wrote:  I have two sons, aged 13 and 11, and I've never put a hand on them in anger. I've certainty wanted to, but I've never done it.

3 sons, 27, 26, and 19 and one daughter 22. Never laid a hand on any of them. It was selfish though because I was more worried about the affect it would have on me than them.

#sigh