Spanking children

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Spanking children
Fellow forum parents, have you ever spanked or hit your kids out of frustration or done something physical to your kids? My daughter, when she was around 4 would scream over the slightest stuff. Anything would set her off if she didn't get her way. I took to getting a glass of water with about 1/8 of a cup of water and splashing it in her face. It worked. She would stop screaming. '

Other than that I never hit or spanked my kids. How about other parents here?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2014, 10:25 AM
RE: Spanking children
(18-09-2014 10:23 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Fellow forum parents, have you ever spanked or hit your kids out of frustration or done something physical to your kids? My daughter, when she was around 4 would scream over the slightest stuff. Anything would set her off if she didn't get her way. I took to getting a glass of water with about 1/8 of a cup of water and splashing it in her face. It worked. She would stop screaming. '

Other than that I never hit or spanked my kids. How about other parents here?

If we are talking open hand swat to the backside then yes there is nothing wrong with it. If however we are moving into beatings with object or closed fists then it is abuse.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
18-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Have you heard the word of great Prophet Molyneux (pbuh) and his True Believing Apostles?

I expect one to be along shortly.

... this is my signature!
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
18-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Oh. I remember another time this topic melted down. It wasn't pretty.

Popcorn

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
18-09-2014, 01:22 PM
(18-09-2014 01:15 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Oh. I remember another time this topic melted down. It wasn't pretty.

Popcorn

Yeah..keeping an eye on it.

The last time the thread had be closed.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-09-2014, 02:30 PM
I think as long as spanking is not done in excess then it is a good thing. My dad spanked myself and my siblings. A few years ago my dad, my brother, and myself were laughing and talking about our "special appointments". Just random things like how we would try to sneak on extra pairs of underwear, how my brother had to go first or he would laugh at me getting spanked. If you can laugh about it...then it's not abuse. I don't shudder every time I see a belt. Again, there is excess and abuse, but I don't think we should coddle kids to the point that they just get away with things either. I mean a DHS worker could think that throwing water in a childs face is abuse. kids need to know that for wrong, pain is sometimes a consequence.. Sometimes you just gotta use a spanking.
18-09-2014, 03:27 PM
I applied an open-handed swat to heavily diapered bottoms on occasion.

My son was easily diverted with a certain tone of voice at a pretty early age. The girls learned that a raised eyebrow meant someone was getting ready to have their wings clipped.

As an abused child, by both parents, I was very aware of what anything more than that would do to a kid.

'Course there were days I threatened to beat one over the head with the other one. They knew that wouldn't happen but phones, TVs and games, bikes, etc., were on the chopping block if I got to that point.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-09-2014, 03:45 PM
(18-09-2014 01:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 01:15 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Oh. I remember another time this topic melted down. It wasn't pretty.

Popcorn

Yeah..keeping an eye on it.

Opps. Oh, I didn't know that. Since it's in the news lately, with the football player hitting his kid with a switch and all, I got to thinking about spanking kids. Thought it might be an interesting topic.

Guess it's too much of a hot topic.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-09-2014, 05:10 PM
(18-09-2014 03:45 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 01:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah..keeping an eye on it.

Opps. Oh, I didn't know that. Since it's in the news lately, with the football player hitting his kid with a switch and all, I got to thinking about spanking kids. Thought it might be an interesting topic.

Guess it's too much of a hot topic.

So far it's fine....everyone seems to agree.

All good...Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-09-2014, 05:13 PM
I don't have kids, but if I ever do someday...I won't spank them. To me, there's better ways to improve behavior.

Be true to yourself. Heart