Spanking children

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2014, 05:49 AM
RE: Spanking children
I don't think it is capital punishment for some children. My daughter preferred spanking when we did it. It didn't even last a year. She just didn't want privileges and toys taken away.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2014, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2014 08:07 AM by Adrianime.)
(19-09-2014 05:49 AM)Elskidor Wrote:  I don't think it is capital punishment for some children.
Gasp ...corporal*

Not that this subject hasn't been beat to death, but of the things my parents did to me growing up, spanking was one of the least harmful. I'd say emotional neglect trumps spanking any day (as far as harm goes). But over-all, I'd say it depends on the child. I don't think using physical discipline is equal to abuse like some. But I will say the degree of its effectiveness (and possible psychological damage) depends on how it is used and who it is used on.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 3 users Like Adrianime's post
19-09-2014, 08:25 AM
(19-09-2014 08:04 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 05:49 AM)Elskidor Wrote:  I don't think it is capital punishment for some children.
Not that this subject hasn't been beat to death, but of the things my parents did to me growing up, spanking was one of the least harmful.

Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
19-09-2014, 08:39 AM
I am on the fence about this topic. I have spanked my kids a few times and only after many other things failed. It was always one or two open handed swats on the but over cloths. It is the way I was raised. Spanking was a last resort for my parents and if I got spanked 5 times as a kid that was a lot.
19-09-2014, 06:03 PM
(19-09-2014 04:28 AM)Dee Wrote:  Mom is terrified the car will hit Danielle. But alas, Danielle is safe.

Blink ... Blink ... Blink

(19-09-2014 04:28 AM)Dee Wrote:  The professor did not by it, but she could not come up with a way to get through to Danielle in a timely manner in order to save her life.

Kiddie leash.

#sigh
19-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Quote:And apart from that one time when me dear old mum stabbed me in the forehead with a fork

Ohhhhhhhhhh that explains so much, I understand now.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
20-09-2014, 08:58 AM
I have two sons and I've never spanked them or done anything to physically punish them. And, they are, usually, very well behaved. Sure, they have their moments, but all kids do.

If you teach your children that hitting is an acceptable form off resolution, that is what they will learn.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
20-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Tried everything from a swat to back of the hand smack to time out to" I've got a garbage bag that says this room can be clean" from 2 thru 12.
Different things work with different kids. Period.
Wise is the parent that spends enough time with the child to understand what works.
Also, you gotta change it up. What works today might be ineffective tomorrow.

"How to raise a strong willed child" is an excellent book that came out over 30 yrs ago. I'm sure the techniques are still applicable.
The key ingredient in the book is keeping a calm even head with kids.

Some days I succeeded and some I did not.

Kids grow up in spite of their parents. ...not because of them.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
20-09-2014, 12:37 PM
Not a parent but....
I know a lady who agrees that spanking children is fine but you better not hit a dog because that's abuse...
20-09-2014, 02:10 PM
(18-09-2014 08:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 06:23 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Spanking is the cause of all human ills. If Hitler and the Nazis hadn't been spanked as children there would be no holocaust.

Are you Lumi's sock puppet? Consider

Who is Lumi?