Spanking kids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2011, 03:07 PM
RE: Spanking kids
(10-07-2011 06:36 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  I'm not going to get too involved in this, but if you want some specific examples.
Thank you, I appreciate your answer. Saying you don't like my tone isn't the same as saying I am insulting posters. I have a very terse way of writing. That's how I write. Nothing I said was insulting. Please don't accuse me of something I didn't do because that is in fact insulting.

Quote:
post 70 Wrote:I see, so you have so badly run out of arguments that now you answer to how I write instead of to what I write!
I always find it pompous and presumption to say the opponents motivation like that, especially when it does nothing. You could have said "That doesn't address the point", or something to that effect.
I could have. But since the previous post was a rather childish and similarly pompous judgment about my use of punctuation, I replied in kind. If you are going to call me on that, call out the other poster too.

Quote:
Post 70 Wrote:LOL do you have kids? Have you ever actually seen kids play?
The tone there was demeaning of the opponents position.
That's your take of it, and it's wrong. It was an actual question. Children will in fact do the same thing over and over even when it results in pretty dismal results. I have a criss cross of scars on my chin from my childhood because I insisted in doing something that regularly resulted in me bashing my chin on the coffee table and splitting it open. I fell off my bike a million times trying to do some rather idiotic stunt that I won't describe, and each time I'd pick mysef up, dust off my bloody knees, and do it right back again. That's what children do. The reason I added a LOL to it is thatwatching kids do this can be really comical sometimes, and because I actually remembered myself doing these things and, yes, laughed. Wow, now hang me from a tree for it!! Oh sorry, I forgot I shouldn't be using exclamation points for some poorly specified reason that apparently has to do with Fox News. Rolleyes

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2011, 08:34 AM
As I said, I'm not going to get into a long, drawn out discussion over this. And BC appears to have walked away anyway. So, agree to disagree then?

That being said, reflecting on the thread of as a whole, I think that punishing children responsibly is a lot more important to a child's development than the form of punishment. However you choose to punish them, it should reflect the seriousness of the action they committed(Playing with the stove versus eating an extra cookie) and shouldn't be used constantly. And one of the most important things; be sure to give children love too. Don't just punish children, but reward them also. Show them that you only punish them when they have done wrong, so that they understand it's not that you or they are bad, it's the action they committed. That is lesson we want to teach our children, not to be afraid of us, or that violence is the answer, or to lash out for attention. We want them to learn respect and understanding of what is right and what is wrong.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
11-07-2011, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 09:00 PM by GirlyMan.)
I'm calling panty fight, girls. (No offense intended to the actual girls that are here. It's just an expression indicating that the dialog has degenerated to the point where it resembles a bunch of girls in a panty fight.)

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
12-07-2011, 03:04 AM
You just want a panty fight =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
12-07-2011, 02:46 PM
(12-07-2011 03:04 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  You just want a panty fight =p

Well ..... duh! I mean, who doesn't?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post