Spare change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2016, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2016 12:26 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Spare change
(21-01-2016 08:18 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 08:07 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  No but just as bad, Oklahoma.

It's no different in California, for that matter.

Whereabouts in Oklahoma do you live?

I think we still have a tiny plot in McLoud. Thinking about maybe staging a shoot-in, err I mean a peaceful "This land is my land. This land is not your land. " armed to the hilt sit-in. See if I can't make The Man give me some of that Kickapoo reservation land for free.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-01-2016, 08:26 PM
A couple of years ago I was in a supermarket parking lot when this young woman, about 20 or so, was screaming about life. She was hollering and yelling about needing help, yet there didn't seem to be anything physically wrong going on. I had the feeling she had mental problems. So I went over to her and just talked to her. I simply asked her what was wrong and it seemed to calm her down immediately. I think she just wanted to know that someone in the world would acknowledge her. Anyway, I gave her directions to family services which was just down the street. I don't know if they could help her at all but that's the only thing I could think to do at the time.

Later I felt that I should have driven her there or maybe done more for her. I donno. It bothers me that I didn't.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
21-01-2016, 08:27 PM
(21-01-2016 08:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 08:18 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  It's no different in California, for that matter.

Whereabouts in Oklahoma do you live?

I think we still have a tiny plot in McLoud. Thinking about maybe staging a shoot-in, err I mean a peaceful "This land is not your land. This land is my land." armed to the hilt sit-in. See if I can't make The Man give me some of that Kickapoo reservation land for free.

That's 2+ hours from me. I'm in Green Country. Wink

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
21-01-2016, 10:05 PM
(21-01-2016 08:21 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Tulsa area, I'm originally from KCKs though. I've lived in Ok for 20yrs now.

Rough place to be for a nonbeliever.
21-01-2016, 10:41 PM
(21-01-2016 07:41 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 07:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  He was most likely on drugs and was so stocked to see a $20 because he can go out and get some more crack.

With the welfare system there's no reason people should be homeless unless they have a crack addiction and spend all their welfare money on crack.

Unless you have children there is no welfare for you. Welfare is only for child housing support/food/healthcare. At least no adult welfare in my state.

[Image: dafuq-is-this-shit.jpg]

What do you mean there's no welfare for adults?
21-01-2016, 10:46 PM
(21-01-2016 10:05 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 08:21 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Tulsa area, I'm originally from KCKs though. I've lived in Ok for 20yrs now.

Rough place to be for a nonbeliever.

Yes, one of my biggest obstacles for finding a partner I can love and respect. Sad
I just cannot consider a godbot. No

21-01-2016, 10:56 PM
(21-01-2016 10:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 07:41 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Unless you have children there is no welfare for you. Welfare is only for child housing support/food/healthcare. At least no adult welfare in my state.

[Image: dafuq-is-this-shit.jpg]

Exactly what I said. If you are an adult with children you can get housing, food, and health care for your children and a monthly financial stipend through Children and Family Services. If you do not have children under the age of 18 you cannot.

You can get a food stamp voucher for $35-50 a week (depending on how many people are in the household) and that is all. It only last for 6 months. You can apply for section 8 housing and get rental discount. Those are the only options that Oklahoma offers.

No cash or health care, discount housing and a small short-term food stamp allowance.

22-01-2016, 12:47 AM
(21-01-2016 10:46 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 10:05 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Rough place to be for a nonbeliever.

Yes, one of my biggest obstacles for finding a partner I can love and respect. Sad
I just cannot consider a godbot. No

I hear you, I'm single in Central Texas -- i.e., thirsty in the desert.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
22-01-2016, 01:01 AM
(21-01-2016 10:56 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 10:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  [Image: dafuq-is-this-shit.jpg]

Exactly what I said. If you are an adult with children you can get housing, food, and health care for your children and a monthly financial stipend through Children and Family Services. If you do not have children under the age of 18 you cannot.

You can get a food stamp voucher for $35-50 a week (depending on how many people are in the household) and that is all. It only last for 6 months. You can apply for section 8 housing and get rental discount. Those are the only options that Oklahoma offers.

No cash or health care, discount housing and a small short-term food stamp allowance.

What!? ... what!?

[Image: my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg]

That is an absurd, ABSURD welfare system. What the bloody fuck? Seriously, my mind is seriously blown at how fucking stupid of a system that is. No wonder your poor people pop babies out constantly. Hang on a sec, I need a minute to process this.

You're tell me, if I, a 24 year old with no kids or spouse, was to lose my job tomorrow because I told a customer to fuck off (I suspect the chances of this actually happening are rather high) I would not receive some sort of financial support from the government that would pay my rent/food until I was able to find a new job??
AND you're tell me that we are in fact talking about the United States of America, a supposed 1st world country.

Nope. I don't get it, that can't be right what am I missing here?

If I was to become unemployed here (and I have been in the past) I would receive a base amount of money (I think the base is about $220) each week (and this is money put directly into my bank account) and that amount would raise depending on the cost of my rent and any bills I had to pay. If you have kids that amount goes up depending on age and number of children.
The idea being that the government pays for my essential living expenses (so money's tight but I'm not out on the street...). And than any unexpected things or money was especially tight they can give one off payments which come in the form of credit on a special WINZ (welfare people) card which can only be used for what that person needs, ie food or shoes.
They also pay for job related costs such as presentable cloths for job interviews and any initial payments required for the job such as specialty clothing. I believe they also cover school costs for children such as books and pens etc...

So I think you can see the confusion I'm having here and why I'm 'anti-homeless'.
Of course my position on homeless changes drastically when you remove the element of welfare which you in the US seem to have done.

WTF do your taxes go towards??? Seriously. You pay pretty much the same amount of taxes as us except we get welfare and free healthcare and a free decent public school education. WTF DO YOUR TAXES GO TOWARDS!?
This is why all your immigrants are Latino, because all the first would people don't wanna move to your shitty country.
22-01-2016, 09:18 AM
(22-01-2016 01:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 10:56 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Exactly what I said. If you are an adult with children you can get housing, food, and health care for your children and a monthly financial stipend through Children and Family Services. If you do not have children under the age of 18 you cannot.

What!? ... what!?

[Image: my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg]

That is an absurd, ABSURD welfare system. What the bloody fuck? Seriously, my mind is seriously blown at how fucking stupid of a system that is. No wonder your poor people pop babies out constantly. Hang on a sec, I need a minute to process this.

You're tell me, if I, a 24 year old with no kids or spouse, was to lose my job tomorrow because I told a customer to fuck off (I suspect the chances of this actually happening are rather high) I would not receive some sort of financial support from the government that would pay my rent/food until I was able to find a new job??
AND you're tell me that we are in fact talking about the United States of America, a supposed 1st world country.

Nope. I don't get it, that can't be right what am I missing here?

If I was to become unemployed here (and I have been in the past) I would receive a base amount of money (I think the base is about $220) each week (and this is money put directly into my bank account) and that amount would raise depending on the cost of my rent and any bills I had to pay. If you have kids that amount goes up depending on age and number of children.
The idea being that the government pays for my essential living expenses (so money's tight but I'm not out on the street...). And than any unexpected things or money was especially tight they can give one off payments which come in the form of credit on a special WINZ (welfare people) card which can only be used for what that person needs, ie food or shoes.
They also pay for job related costs such as presentable cloths for job interviews and any initial payments required for the job such as specialty clothing. I believe they also cover school costs for children such as books and pens etc...

So I think you can see the confusion I'm having here and why I'm 'anti-homeless'.
Of course my position on homeless changes drastically when you remove the element of welfare which you in the US seem to have done.

WTF do your taxes go towards??? Seriously. You pay pretty much the same amount of taxes as us except we get welfare and free healthcare and a free decent public school education. WTF DO YOUR TAXES GO TOWARDS!?
This is why all your immigrants are Latino, because all the first would people don't wanna move to your shitty country.

If you were fired without cause, no reason (here in OK were do not have right-to-work laws, you can be fired at will, no reason) you can collect Unemployment Insurance weekly anywhere from $140 a week to about $280 a week. If you were fired with cause (notices to improve and you didn't) or you quit no insurance, no support and no welfare. You lose.

This is one of the reasons we have a huge homeless problem in OK. Once you have no income if you don't have savings or family to sustain you until you get another job you lose everything, home, cars, property.

I saw a Walmart worker get out of their car the other day and go inside. I was parked next to them. They were obviously living in their car, pillows, blankets, odd assortment of personal belongings and clothes piled high in the car with only the drivers seat free of stuff. No