Speaking in Tongues article

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Speaking in Tongues article
I'd like to invite all of you to read a guest article I had posted on the Godless Mom blog.

Some of you may recall that I posted on the subject of speaking in tongues before. I'll summarize briefly:

Speaking in tongues is nothing more than free vocalization, an ability we all share. The practice is no more complicated than pretending you're speaking in a foreign language. You use your speech-making capabilities, but you turn off the part of your brain that actually thinks about the sounds you're making. It is easy as anything, and there's nothing even slightly supernatural about it. But as Christians, we were taught that it really was a divine language from God -- a human language, foreign, possibly obscure or even dead, and in some cases, the language angels use to speak to each other.

I hope you enjoy the article.

Thanks.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post
13-05-2014, 11:51 AM
RE: Speaking in Tongues article
Nicely written. Thumbsup

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
13-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Wait... you mean that's not latin?

Lets see what the holy spirit has to say about this
fjdie feeadf jifeal fdjieal
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
13-05-2014, 12:35 PM
I swear I thought the title of the thread read, "Sneaking in Tongues".

I wondered how I was even able to see the Relationships and Intimacy forum! Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
13-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Cthulhu's language is better Dodgy

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
13-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Great article! Thumbsup

I liken speaking in tongues to chanting, singing, etc.,. and it's pretty obvious, when one does these things, a whole lot of air is expelled. So much so, that frequent gasping often takes place between phrases, which makes one expel more- it's almost like causing one's self to hyperventilate.

Expelling too much carbon dioxide can make you pretty dizzy... and believe a whole lot of stupid crap. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
13-05-2014, 01:08 PM
(13-05-2014 01:06 PM)kim Wrote:  Great article! Thumbsup

I liken speaking in tongues to chanting, singing, etc.,. and it's pretty obvious, when one does these things, a whole lot of air is expelled. So much so, that frequent gasping often takes place between phrases - it's almost like causing one's self to hyperventilate.

Expelling too much carbon dioxide can make you pretty dizzy... and believe a whole lot of stupid crap. Wink

Depends on how it's done. In most instances I witnessed, there was no more air expelled than in average conversation. There was nothing ecstatic about it.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
13-05-2014, 01:22 PM
(13-05-2014 11:18 AM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  I'd like to invite all of you to read a guest article I had posted on the Godless Mom blog.

Some of you may recall that I posted on the subject of speaking in tongues before. I'll summarize briefly:

Speaking in tongues is nothing more than free vocalization, an ability we all share. The practice is no more complicated than pretending you're speaking in a foreign language. You use your speech-making capabilities, but you turn off the part of your brain that actually thinks about the sounds you're making. It is easy as anything, and there's nothing even slightly supernatural about it. But as Christians, we were taught that it really was a divine language from God -- a human language, foreign, possibly obscure or even dead, and in some cases, the language angels use to speak to each other.

I hope you enjoy the article.

Thanks.
Nice article and thanks for that explanation. I never understood speaking in tongues. I knew it was fake, but what puzzled me was how at least some of the people doing the faking actually believed they were speaking in tongues. I had heard enough about it to conclude that people claiming to speak in tongues weren't necessarily lying so I had wondered what it was all about. Now that you have shed some light that people convince themselves that it all comes from gawd, that explains it.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
13-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Ah - so it was just a deliberate, wanting to join in kind of thing. Consider Interesting.

It's an exercise in trust, isn't it?
They trusted you ... to trust them ... because.. fuck everybody trusts god! Dodgy

At exactly midnight, say bloody Mary 3 times pause, then 3 times pause, then 3 times again .... then, look in the mirror. DO IT! DO IT! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Drama, always with the drama. Drinking Beverage

teenage, scout camp games

13-05-2014, 02:26 PM
And I used to feel bad for not being able speak in tongues. Damn, it was all a bunch of crap that made you feel left out. Now when I see grown ass adults doing and promoting this shit, I just think to myself "what a shame."

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post