Speaking of Coffee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2010, 06:57 PM

Speaking of Coffee
I know most people come to this forum to discuss lifestance and philosophical dilemmas, but I figured since this channel is here it should be utilized!
I am a college student in Wyoming and I really enjoy a good cup of strong black coffee. Right now I am enjoying Trader Joes "Bay Blend" I am enjoying it quite a lot. But my question for all of you is: Do you drink coffee? How do you like it? What is your favorite roast?[/font]
Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2010, 07:01 PM
RE: Speaking of Coffee
Never touch it. Vile liquid.

Right now, however, I'm relaxing, watching the Mets try to extend the Braves lead in the east (which sucks as I'm a big Mets fan) and settling in with a little Belvedere Vodka on the rocks.

coffee ... blah.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2010, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2010 07:34 PM by Stark Raving.)
Now here's a topic I can sink my teeth into. My first ever taste of Kopi Luwak is on it's way as we speak. I can't wait!! My usual coffee is from Cranbrook BC (Kootenay Roasting Company). They use mostly shade grown, blended beans. Little on the expensive side, but WAY better for the planet, and they do an amazing job roasting to perfection. Small company, but if you can get hold of some of their beans, give em a try.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
30-08-2010, 07:10 PM

I will for sure try to get some of that stuff to my dorm here in Wyoming. But as you might expect, getting fine things (except perhaps boots) is difficult to do out here. But I am definitely going to try some of it as soon as possible Smile
30-08-2010, 07:40 PM
I don't drink coffee. Dr. Pepper, on the other hand...

"But are not the dreams of poets and the tales of travelers notoriously false?"
- H. P. Lovecraft, "The Street"
30-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Douwe Egberts all the way for coffee.

Though thats just for instant, I haven't got a coffee grinder yet so I don't have much experience of beans xD

Do you get Douwe Egberts outside the UK?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
30-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Get yourself a good grinder and you'll never buy pre-ground again. Make sure it's a burr grinder (well worth the extra money you'll pay). Once you start using a proper grinder you'll know the difference between strong coffee and flavorful coffee. It doesn't have to be strong to taste rich and bold, and it doesn't have more flavor just because it's strong.

Ya ya, I know. I'm a little obsessed with coffee. What can I say. I don't smoke, drink, do any drugs, don't even take asprin. A guys gotta have his vice!

30-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Well then, Stark, maybe we could team up, I'll droll on and on with a tldr about Tea, then you can back be up with one about Coffee.

I can see the names in shining lights... Big Grin

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
30-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Sounds like a plan. I like tea too, but don't really know much. I grow my own peppermint, but other than that I just buy whatever smells good. LOL. I'll share my coffee nerd experience with you if you do the same with your tea nerd experience.

30-08-2010, 11:36 PM

I have been grinding my coffee for years, I prefer making it with a French Press over any kind of fibrous filter because of the oils lost during filtering. But no matter how flavorful the coffee is, I still will always prefer very strong, black coffee.