Speaking of Coffee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2010, 04:23 PM
RE: Speaking of Coffee
My wife and I ALWAYS have real 18% cream in the fridge. Just a little bit makes a nice creamy coffee without diluting it. I discovered that by using the higher fat, I use so much less that my fat intake is less than if I use half and half. (Also don't always use cream. Depends on my mood and type of coffee)

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2010, 04:25 PM

(05-09-2010 04:23 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  My wife and I ALWAYS have real 18% cream in the fridge. Just a little bit makes a nice creamy coffee without diluting it. I discovered that by using the higher fat, I use so much less that my fat intake is less than if I use half and half. (Also don't always use cream. Depends on my mood and type of coffee)

The wife and switched to non-dairy creamer because it (presumably) lasts longer and comes in flavors. now that i found that article, though, we won't be purchasing non-dairy creamer again. I actually dumped my coffee when I found that out.
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Yeah. There's some nasty shit in that creamer. Thats why it lasts so long. Even bacteria find it unappetizing! LOL

05-09-2010, 04:29 PM

(05-09-2010 04:28 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Yeah. There's some nasty shit in that creamer. Thats why it lasts so long. Even bacteria find it unappetizing! LOL

The wife and I are on the phone talking abut going greener. funny that coffee creamer was the catalyst for it. We had considered it for a while, but we're doing real research into it now.

(ETA: and i really like that frugal canada site I referenced above. Looks like it might help us with a lot of great ideas.)
05-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Well we run a "green farm" so if you ever need any advice on going green, let me know. I've got alot of tricks you might like.

05-09-2010, 04:34 PM

(05-09-2010 04:32 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Well we run a "green farm" so if you ever need any advice on going green, let me know. I've got alot of tricks you might like.

Thank you. now back to coffee...lol

I'm a fan of Kona, but find it prohibitively expensive to buy 100%. What I wind up doing is buying a whole bean in bulk, and grinding it myself. Then I mix in the Kona and make a Kona blend.
28-02-2012, 09:15 AM
I never drank coffee in my life until about a year ago. I got one of those Keurig machines so you can make individual cups. If not I would waste a whole pot. Coffee to me is simply a means to get Bailey's into my bloodstream in a slow socially acceptable, concelable manner. I like the flavored stuff. They make a Butter toffee that is great also a pralines and cream.