Speaking of Skyrim.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Speaking of Skyrim.
Anyone getting that Elder Scrolls Online business? I don't plan on it, but you never know.

Thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: Speaking of Skyrim.
(24-02-2013 02:30 PM)AphexandCambria Wrote:  Anyone getting that Elder Scrolls Online business? I don't plan on it, but you never know.

Thoughts?
I might try Fallout online if they ever get it going. I'm kind of burned out on the whole swords and magic era MMORPG thing.

"Never support a law that you are not willing to kill to enforce." Stephen L. Carter

"Sometimes I wrestle with my demons. Sometimes we just snuggle."
24-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Re: Speaking of Skyrim.
The idea of them sinking to doing MMOS. I despise them. If they decide to never make another RPG outside of this ill be heartbroken....hopefully they aren't that stupid.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
24-02-2013, 09:12 PM
(24-02-2013 02:30 PM)AphexandCambria Wrote:  Anyone getting that Elder Scrolls Online business? I don't plan on it, but you never know.

Thoughts?
I don't think that's a good idea, considering that they have repeatedly shown to be unable to develop a game that doesn't have thousands upon thousands of bugs. The only reason why the previous Elder Scrolls games have been playable is because the modding community fixed them.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
25-02-2013, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2013 12:10 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(24-02-2013 09:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

Thoughts?
I don't think that's a good idea, considering that they have repeatedly shown to be unable to develop a game that doesn't have thousands upon thousands of bugs. The only reason why the previous Elder Scrolls games have been playable is because the modding community fixed them.

It's not the same development team. The guys that have made the Elder Scrolls games to date are Bethesda Game Studios, the team behind the MMO is ZeniMax Online Studios. Bethesda is most likely working on Fallout 4 (running on the Creation/Skyrim engine) at the moment, and they'll probably reveal it at E3 this June. There was a 2 year gap between Oblivion (06') and Fallout 3 (08') on the same engine, so with Skyrim in 11', Fallout 4 should be here in 13'. Then they'll had over all of their assets to Obsidian, who will then make another hyphenated Fallout game around 15', and Bethesda will have a new Elder Scrolls game out by 16' to start the whole cycle over again.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-02-2013, 10:28 AM
(24-02-2013 09:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

Thoughts?

On the bugs comment...Have you seen the size of the game and how much content is in there? Of course it's never going to be perfect when you have something that huge.

Luckily (At least for me) the bugs are few and far between (on the xbox 360) and 99 percent of the time are nothing more than amusing little things (Once on the Throat Of The World I found a goat with its head and the front of its body stuck in the snow and its butt and back legs pointing straight up in the air)

The good thing about Bethesda is they are quick to fix things, and downloadable patches are made available quickly.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't judge them too harshly.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
25-02-2013, 03:42 PM
The bugs don't bug....me as much as some of the stuff they intentionally put it. Like how destruction magic is my shit right, but they made it literally poo poo.
25-02-2013, 03:44 PM
AW: RE: Speaking of Skyrim.
(25-02-2013 12:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  It's not the same development team. The guys that have made the Elder Scrolls games to date are Bethesda Game Studios, the team behind the MMO is ZeniMax Online Studios. Bethesda is most likely working on Fallout 4 (running on the Creation/Skyrim engine) at the moment, and they'll probably reveal it at E3 this June. There was a 2 year gap between Oblivion (06') and Fallout 3 (08') on the same engine, so with Skyrim in 11', Fallout 4 should be here in 13'. Then they'll had over all of their assets to Obsidian, who will then make another hyphenated Fallout game around 15', and Bethesda will have a new Elder Scrolls game out by 16' to start the whole cycle over again.
That does give us reason to hope. Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
26-02-2013, 12:37 AM
(25-02-2013 03:42 PM)AphexandCambria Wrote:  The bugs don't bug....me as much as some of the stuff they intentionally put it. Like how destruction magic is my shit right, but they made it literally poo poo.

You need Enchantment, the only way to be effective mid to end game. With Enchanting at 100%, and the perks Insightful Enchanter, Corpus Enchanter, Extra Effect, 5 ranks of Enchanter; you can then easily make a set of garments that reduces your spell cost of any 2 schools down to 0%. Or better yet, get 4x Fortify Destruction 25% for Magika free casting of Destruction spells. Then use the other enchanting slots for Fortify Magika and Magika Regeneration boosting. Now you can throw unlimited Fire Storm and Blizzard spells, while still having a huge Magika pool for anything else...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
26-02-2013, 04:58 PM
I don't want to get free casting, that's lame. Just shoot a lot of pretty weak spells. Blizzard does almost no damage, and all the master level spells are broken in that they take several seconds to cast(during which you get staggered if not beaten to death if you actually have the difficulty up). There needs to be ways of making spells stronger other than a measly 50% in the tree. Alchemy works but only for a short duration.
I just used enchanting for health and magicka, so I wouldn't get 1 shot and can cast a decent amount of spells.