Speaking of Skyrim.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2013, 01:19 AM
RE: Speaking of Skyrim.
(26-02-2013 11:43 PM)AphexandCambria Wrote:  Alteration is not a waste; paralyze alone is worth imo.
I don't want to break the game by exploiting the enchant system. Just used it to have a reasonable amount of health and magicka.

A bow fired while sneaking, with the final Archery perk, seems paralyzes far more than the listed 15% of the time. Plus against creature immune to paralysis, like Dragon, you're invested enough to be doing a ton of damage at range. Alteration is a waste for a Rogue based character in my opinion, because the amount of investment for that one trick isn't worth the effort. Sneak past, steal their shit, shoot them, or stab them. Alchemy for poisons and potions (eliminating Restoration use) and Illusion for Muffle/Invisibility, as well as all of their other misdirection spells, seem much more applicable. But that is me trying to play Skyrim as if I was playing one of the old Thief games... Big Grin

Anyways, to break the system you also need Alchemy. You then make a potion that Fortifies Restoration, then you un-equip and re-equip any Alchemy boosting gear you were wearing. If you had a full set for +100% Alchemy, with a strong enough Fortify Restoration (because Fortify Skill enchantments on clothing/armor are considered Restoration spells), you can get +150-200% Alchemy. Then make another stronger Fortify Restoration potion, drink that. Un-equip your gear and re-equip it, now you're at +200-300% Alchemy. Rinse and repeat to break game. Thumbsup

Making spells cost nothing was factored into the game balance. At most, you can only do that for 2 schools with an entire set of clothes at any given time (without the Alchemy/Restoration boost exploit). When you consider how underwhelming Destruction still is even with free casting, it doesn't even feel like breaking the game.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2013, 11:48 AM
One of the biggest slaps in the face is how strong the enemy spells are by comparison. I want the shit they're using, stronger spells, not spammable spells.
27-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Speaking of Skyrim.
I don't know what spells you guys are casting but my pure mage is tearing things up with the penultimate spells. They are especially potent with the Impact perk. At that point it doesn't matter that you're not doing the most damage you can do in the game. If your opponent can't move you win! Chain Lightning = none of your opponents can move!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
27-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Fyi when I'm talking about this stuff I'm talking about late/end game levels. Destruction is pretty strong at first but just doesn't scale like it should.
The damage output per magicka used is a shit ratio. And some spells just become obsolete. Runes were cool but once you get high level they are just a waste. There should have been perks to give destruction spells longevity.
27-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Speaking of Skyrim.
If you're still paying magicka to cast destruction spells, sure. But when they are free to cast that ratio is pretty different.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
01-07-2013, 11:32 PM
I don't do MMO's so most likely no, but you never know.
04-07-2013, 09:47 PM
I've never been a fan of MMORPGs. I've tried a few: Everquest, WOW, DCU Online, and (as much as is doesn't fit) PSO. None of them were interesting.

I don't play RPGs to play with other people. I WANT the solitary experience. I work with people all day and have a family. Playing an RPG is "me time", and having to work with other people to get through it is antithetical to that end.

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

- Bertrand Russel
04-07-2013, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013 10:59 PM by ridethespiral.)
Regarding destruction...

I've got a sword caster:

destruction
1 hand sword
rejuvenation (stam from heals perk!)
light armor
alteration
enchantment + black star thing for getting big souls cheap/easy
smithing (light)

at level up I went with like 40% health, 60% magika and almost no stam.

Now I have double-enchanted dragon armor and everything just eats free incinerates all day and can't even approach me...and when anything does approach it gets smited, I lol at dragons as they fall from the sky...I have my whole mana pool for other schools/heals/anti-magic shield spells...Now that I have finished my armor I could have put a lot fewer points in magicka, but I like to dabble in the other schools and having a big pool for heals never hurts.

Before that most of the game was still fairly easy (except for a few pre-fireball instances of trouble where chaurus's forced me to pop potions) and before dragon armor I mostly ran around in mage robes + morokei ...open with fireballs (backpedal and cast them until you are nearly out of mana), then fall back on your blade (I use health drain and later health + stam drain enchants) and healing spells as the remaining enemies close in and your mana regens. For casters you just charge them with a spell shield in your left and the sword in your right, they die right quick to that. For dragons I would do heal in my left ice/fire on my right.

I did the mage quest line first BTW.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2013, 03:10 PM
WOW ripoff. the end.

They came, they saw and acknowledged
Some good, some bad
Opinion: Dangerous