Special Counsel appointed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Special Counsel appointed
The Justice Department has appointed former FBI director Robert Mueller as Special Counsel to investigate Russia connection.
Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like Chas's post
17-05-2017, 04:07 PM
RE: Special Counsel appointed
Lock him up.

Lock him up.

Lock him up.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like julep's post
17-05-2017, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2017 05:22 PM by Dom.)
He sounds decent.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-05-2017, 04:46 PM
That law expired.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
17-05-2017, 04:59 PM
(17-05-2017 04:07 PM)julep Wrote:  Lock him up.

Lock him up.

Lock him up.

I'm sure Pence would pull a Ford.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
17-05-2017, 05:22 PM
Just to point out some of his resume:
During his time as FBI Director, Mueller was appointed by George W. Bush and his first year on that job was 9/11 (he started on September 4th). He continued to serve under Barack Obama as FBI Director until his term was up in 2013. He's served previously as part of the staff of the US Attorney's office in San Francisco, D.C., and Boston. He was a partner in a law firm, and is a Vietnam veteran. He's overseen prosecutions involving the Gambino crime family, terrorism, and General Noriega of Panama.

He's pretty much the perfect person for Rosenstein to have appointed as Special Counsel. The one thing I'm sure the White House will try to leverage is that he's also a friend of Comey's; Comey was his replacement as FBI Director.

---

CNN now saying Jeff Sessions (the Attorney General) and Trump were only informed of this appointment AFTER Rosenstein (the Deputy AG) appointed Mueller.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Shai Hulud's post
17-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Rosenstein pulled a fast one on Trump.

Quote:Rosenstein said he believes a special counsel "is necessary in order for the American people to have full confidence in the outcome."
"In my capacity as acting attorney general, I determined that it is in the public interest for me to exercise my authority and appoint a Special Counsel to assume responsibility for this matter," Rosenstein said in a statement, adding that the decision is "not a finding that crimes have been committed or that any prosecution is warranted."
"What I have determined is that based upon the unique circumstances, the public interest requires me to place this investigation under the authority of a person who exercises a degree of independence from the normal chain of command," Rosenstein said.

Quote:Trump was meeting with FBI director candidates when the White House was formally told that a special prosecutor had been named in Russia investigation. The White House counsel informed the president.
"It's still sinking in," one administration official said, describing an air of uncertainty in the West Wing. "We were told about it. Not asked about it."

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-05-2017, 05:34 PM
(17-05-2017 05:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  Rosenstein pulled a fast one on Trump.

Payback's a bitch. Trump rickrolled him so he rickrolled Trump. Fucker's from the People's Republic of Maryland. I'd expect no less.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-05-2017, 05:35 PM
(17-05-2017 05:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  Rosenstein pulled a fast one on Trump.

Quote:Rosenstein said he believes a special counsel "is necessary in order for the American people to have full confidence in the outcome."
"In my capacity as acting attorney general, I determined that it is in the public interest for me to exercise my authority and appoint a Special Counsel to assume responsibility for this matter," Rosenstein said in a statement, adding that the decision is "not a finding that crimes have been committed or that any prosecution is warranted."
"What I have determined is that based upon the unique circumstances, the public interest requires me to place this investigation under the authority of a person who exercises a degree of independence from the normal chain of command," Rosenstein said.

Quote:Trump was meeting with FBI director candidates when the White House was formally told that a special prosecutor had been named in Russia investigation. The White House counsel informed the president.
"It's still sinking in," one administration official said, describing an air of uncertainty in the West Wing. "We were told about it. Not asked about it."
Excellent!

So what are they going to do?
Look like fools and pull the plug on the special prosecutor, as well as fire Rosenstein
Or
Go along with it, but give Rosenstein the evil eye.

Well played Rosenstein.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
17-05-2017, 06:38 PM
How long before Trumplethinskin fires Rosenstein?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP