Special Counsel appointed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2017, 09:24 AM
RE: Special Counsel appointed
(18-05-2017 07:52 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Up until the Comey firing I had been pretty skeptical that Trump would ever seriously be investigated and I certainly didn't think the odds of him being impeached were very high (and having to impeach a president would be a bad thing for the US overall, so I certainly wasn't hoping it would happen. I would prefer to have endured the next ~4 years and then vote him out).

It doesn't have to take the form of impeachment. Which would be hard to do under any circumstances. But there are certain signs that something will happen before the midterms.

Have you by any chance noticed Roger Stone going on Infowars of all sites, and needlessly bringing up rumors of Trump being mentally incapacitated. In defense of Trump, of course. But noone so far brought up rumors of Trump being out of his mind in the first place. So why do it?

Reminds me a bit of Mark Anthony's speech in Shakespeare's Julius Cesar.

Also, why does that conversation about Trump being on the payroll of Putin surface right now?

No, influencal republicans want to be shot of him. It doesn't need impeachment. They could offer him golden bridges to take the way out without creating much of a ruckus. Something along the Don Corleone lines of offer he can't refuse.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2017, 09:40 AM
(18-05-2017 08:37 AM)Emma Wrote:  ...and end up replacing a chaotic evil with a lawful (and more powerfully connected) evil.

I don't feel like jumping into a political conversation, at the moment, but I did feel the need to pause and point out how hot that was, Emma. I likes me some nerdgirl. Big Grin

Carry on!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-05-2017, 09:42 AM
(18-05-2017 09:40 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(18-05-2017 08:37 AM)Emma Wrote:  ...and end up replacing a chaotic evil with a lawful (and more powerfully connected) evil.

I don't feel like jumping into a political conversation, at the moment, but I did feel the need to pause and point out how hot that was, Emma. I likes me some nerdgirl. Big Grin

Carry on!

BlushBlushBlush
18-05-2017, 03:29 PM
And more shoes dropping from this centipede:
Quote:President Donald Trump pressured a “reluctant” Michael Flynn into accepting a job as the White House’s top national security official even after Flynn warned the president that he was under investigation over undisclosed lobbying on behalf of a foreign government, The Daily Beast has learned.
A White House staffer recalled hearing of Trump’s conversations with Flynn since his firing in February, though it was not clear what they discussed. “Supposedly they’ve spoken since Flynn was fired,” the staffer said. The president “clearly feels bad about how things went down.”
News that they remained in touch flatly contradicts repeated and adamant White House denials last week that Trump and his former National Security Adviser had been communicating since Flynn’s ouster. Multiple White House officials claimed to The Daily Beast that no such communication had occurred due to the intervention of White House attorneys.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...-house-job

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
18-05-2017, 03:40 PM
(18-05-2017 09:24 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(18-05-2017 07:52 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Up until the Comey firing I had been pretty skeptical that Trump would ever seriously be investigated and I certainly didn't think the odds of him being impeached were very high (and having to impeach a president would be a bad thing for the US overall, so I certainly wasn't hoping it would happen. I would prefer to have endured the next ~4 years and then vote him out).

It doesn't have to take the form of impeachment. Which would be hard to do under any circumstances. But there are certain signs that something will happen before the midterms.

Have you by any chance noticed Roger Stone going on Infowars of all sites, and needlessly bringing up rumors of Trump being mentally incapacitated. In defense of Trump, of course. But noone so far brought up rumors of Trump being out of his mind in the first place. So why do it?

Reminds me a bit of Mark Anthony's speech in Shakespeare's Julius Cesar.

Also, why does that conversation about Trump being on the payroll of Putin surface right now?

No, influential republicans want to be shot of him. It doesn't need impeachment. They could offer him golden bridges to take the way out without creating much of a ruckus. Something along the Don Corleone lines of offer he can't refuse.

A number of people, (including two separate groups of psychiatrists) have been questioning his mental health for some time.

If Pence is left to assume the presidency, he will pardon Trump. I'd rather they both get voted out, so that won't happen. Trump will be in court for his many crimes for years to come. I'd rather see that happen.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-05-2017, 03:48 PM
(18-05-2017 03:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If Pence is left to assume the presidency, he will pardon Trump. I'd rather they both get voted out, so that won't happen.

And if that happened, you would get Ryan, right? Better?

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
18-05-2017, 03:58 PM
Pence may jump ship before this is over. He is licking his wounds now - twice he has come before the people and spouted lies, putting sparkly spins on them. I don't know whether he knew they were lies or not, probably not. But he did know about Flynn, or should have, he oversaw the staffing at the time. Or should have.

He is either careless and lazy, or he gets duped all the time.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
18-05-2017, 04:16 PM
(18-05-2017 03:48 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(18-05-2017 03:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If Pence is left to assume the presidency, he will pardon Trump. I'd rather they both get voted out, so that won't happen.

And if that happened, you would get Ryan, right? Better?

No, that's why he specifically said "voted" out. There is no order of succession unless the president leaves office during his term. If they are voted out, that means a regular election, where someone else is voted in, and that's highly unlikely to be Ryan.
18-05-2017, 04:24 PM
(18-05-2017 09:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  
Quote:Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 54 minutes ago

With all of the illegal acts that took place in the Clinton campaign & Obama Administration, there was never a special counsel appointed!

Quote: Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 3 hours ago

This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!

I think he might actually be proud to think that last one is true.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
[+] 4 users Like Vivian Darkbloom's post
18-05-2017, 06:35 PM
(17-05-2017 05:22 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  During his time as FBI Director, Mueller was appointed by George W. Bush and his first year on that job was 9/11 (he started on September 4th). He continued to serve under Barack Obama as FBI Director until his term was up in 2013.

It was more than that. His 10-year term was up in 2011. Obama held him in such high regard he asked him to stay for 2 more years. I think Grampa's credibility is beyond repute. And he looks like that asshole district attorney dude from Law&Order too. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post