Special Time TTA CONFESSION BOOTH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2016, 06:07 PM
RE: Special Time TTA CONFESSION BOOTH
(08-01-2016 08:54 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Fuck off who'd wanna?

Philistines? People who cannot hear music. People who have been manipulated by recording companies to form a demographic.....

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-01-2016, 06:17 PM
I...listened to both Creed and Nickelback today... voluntarily.

Forgive me, father, for I have sinned.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
09-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Percussion ensembles…why?

I just spent half an hour trying to keep myself interested and involved while 10 smart, talented kids played their hearts out. I clapped enthusiastically for them. But was bored bored bored…
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
09-01-2016, 07:29 PM
(09-01-2016 07:07 PM)julep Wrote:  Percussion ensembles…why?

I just spent half an hour trying to keep myself interested and involved while 10 smart, talented kids played their hearts out. I clapped enthusiastically for them. But was bored bored bored…

What would Jesus do? He'd yell out "Boo you suck!" Then he'd run down there and flip their xylophones over.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
09-01-2016, 11:11 PM
(18-11-2014 04:31 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Maybe you just have to get it off your chest that when you were ten years old you were the kid who whoopee cushioned the teacher but someone else took the blame?
I didn't plan to confess anything here but you reminded me about something that happened to me in the nursery school. I was about 5 or 6 years old (in the USSR kids started school at age of 7). There was a boy who liked me and I liked him and we were going to marry in the future. Very cute boy, I will never forget him.
There were also two young ladies who were taking care of us. They were worse than Gestapo. We were very afraid of them. Every day we would go outside to play in the playground. After we came back we had to wait when one of those ladies would unlock the entry door of the building. This boy and I were one of a few kids who were next to the door. I don't know why but I decided to bang on the door very loud with my foot (just once). Oh my gosh! Those ladies got very angry and they started to ask: who did it? who did it?" I knew that if I admit that I did it the punishment would be famous dark room. It was a closet were they would lock kid for some time in the darkness. There was no way I would go there. Better hit me with the belt(which they did BTW sometimes) but not that dark scary room.
I was terrified. I don't know why but they decided that this boy did it. He saw me banging on the door and he denied that he did it and for some reason he never told them that it was me. He never told them. They punished him. He was in that room. I felt horrible but I couldn't overcome fear and tell them the truth.

P.S. I hope he is happy in life.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
09-01-2016, 11:19 PM

Because rhythmic based music is amongst the most highly complex on earth. And a symphony is not a symphony without a percussion section.

Add to that he history. The tambourine alone can be traced back 5000 years.
The idea that percussion is for savages and was born of the conservatories in Europe and slave trade.

Shall I go on?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-01-2016, 01:29 AM
(09-01-2016 11:19 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

Because rhythmic based music is amongst the most highly complex on earth. And a symphony is not a symphony without a percussion section.

Add to that he history. The tambourine alone can be traced back 5000 years.
The idea that percussion is for savages and was born of the conservatories in Europe and slave trade.

Shall I go on?

That doesn't make it less boring for someone who isn't engaged with the music... Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
10-01-2016, 01:33 AM
(09-01-2016 06:17 PM)cactus Wrote:  I...listened to both Creed and Nickelback today... voluntarily.

Forgive me, father, for I have sinned.

[Image: 58867430.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-01-2016, 04:02 AM
(10-01-2016 01:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  That doesn't make it less boring for someone who isn't engaged with the music... Tongue

So you dislike modern rock music starring the multiple percussion instrument known as the drum set? Often that one guy playing is taking on the ensemble role. Bass drum, snare, bells, blocks, toms etc. All instruments found within the kit. Often I would also take on the percussionists role as well. So add two congas, timbales and bongos.

One poor composition or performance does not a style make. And Julep's a musician and should know better.

And what style of percussion? Indian, African, batucada, Afro Cuban, Symphonic......?

Banjo.
10-01-2016, 04:19 AM
(10-01-2016 04:02 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 01:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  That doesn't make it less boring for someone who isn't engaged with the music... Tongue

So you dislike modern rock music starring the multiple percussion instrument known as the drum set? Often that one guy playing is taking on the ensemble role. Bass drum, snare, bells, blocks, toms etc. All instruments found within the kit. Often I would also take on the percussionists role as well. So add two congas, timbales and bongos.

One poor composition or performance does not a style make. And Julep's a musician and should know better.

And what style of percussion? Indian, African, batucada, Afro Cuban, Symphonic......?

Banjo, none of that matters if the person hearing that performance simply isn't engage by that performance. History of the music, appreciation for the skill or genre, none of that really alleviates a lack of engagement. I'm not saying the performance was bad, only pointing out that the points you brought up have almost zero impact on any individual's experience of a single performance.

Julep wasn't 'feeling it', and that's all that really needs to be said. I enjoy rock music, and all of my siblings are band geeks and I love them dearly, but I had to sit through one of their high-school jazz ensemble once and I was so bored I wanted to hang myself; and that's not an indictment against my siblings, their performance, or the history of jazz music, only that I personally wasn't engaged by their performance. It's a 'me' problem, so to say. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post