Special Time TTA CONFESSION BOOTH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-02-2016, 04:17 PM
RE: Special Time TTA CONFESSION BOOTH
I just bought the song "Love Yourself" by Justin Bieber...and I haven't bought a song since September. I like it that much. Blush

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2016, 10:19 PM
Confession 1: When I was 13, I stole a MAD magazine from the store down the street from my school. I hid it under my schoolbooks.

Confession 2: When I was 18, I was a Moonie for about 2 months. Even lived in the Moonie house. After about a month of irrational adolescent bliss, and feeling REALLY special, I realized the whole thing was a bunch of hooey, and left. They were glad to be rid of me because I refused to give up going to college, wouldn't stop composing music (you had to give up doing what you loved most for "Father,") and wouldn't go out to witness.
[+] 4 users Like jariel's post
02-03-2016, 01:31 AM
(01-03-2016 10:19 PM)jariel Wrote:  Confession 1: When I was 13, I stole a MAD magazine from the store down the street from my school. I hid it under my schoolbooks.

Confession 2: When I was 18, I was a Moonie for about 2 months. Even lived in the Moonie house. After about a month of irrational adolescent bliss, and feeling REALLY special, I realized the whole thing was a bunch of hooey, and left. They were glad to be rid of me because I refused to give up going to college, wouldn't stop composing music (you had to give up doing what you loved most for "Father,") and wouldn't go out to witness.

What on earth is a 'Moonie'?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-03-2016, 01:44 AM
(02-03-2016 01:31 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 10:19 PM)jariel Wrote:  Confession 1: When I was 13, I stole a MAD magazine from the store down the street from my school. I hid it under my schoolbooks.

They worship the divine buttocks Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-03-2016, 01:52 AM
(02-03-2016 01:31 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  

I'm guessing it's these guys:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_Church
02-03-2016, 07:11 AM
(02-03-2016 01:52 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 01:31 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  What on earth is a 'Moonie'?
I'm guessing it's these guys:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_Church

Yup, that's them.
02-03-2016, 08:00 AM
(29-02-2016 04:17 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I just bought the song "Love Yourself" by Justin Bieber...and I haven't bought a song since September. I like it that much. Blush

Gasp That song was terrible long before I even knew it was Bieber.

Undecided It's just... So bad... Sooo bad

Angry Get the hell out of the confession and don't come back.
02-03-2016, 08:24 AM
(02-03-2016 08:00 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 04:17 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I just bought the song "Love Yourself" by Justin Bieber...and I haven't bought a song since September. I like it that much. Blush

Ech. It's just a pop song. You'll get over it, just like the world got over hating Phil Collins' generic love pop. The sooner you learn that the music industry is unfair, the better off you'll be.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
02-03-2016, 08:50 AM
(02-03-2016 08:24 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 08:00 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Gasp That song was terrible long before I even knew it was Bieber.

Ech. It's just a pop song. You'll get over it, just like the world got over hating Phil Collins' generic love pop. The sooner you learn that the music industry is unfair, the better off you'll be.

Unfair but understandable would be fine... At this point, though, I just don't get it. It's the same garbage all day, repeated every 30 minutes... The coworkers who listen to those shitty tin can radios have actually said variations of "ugggh, this song again?!", yet continue to listen. I actually thought to myself " wow, this song is so terrible, its very presence on the radio must mean that its by somebody super famous"... Sure enough; Biebs. Written by Ed Sheeran, and disowned due to its puerile content. Sometimes I wish I were basic enough to consume this bile... Maybe if I just consumed more bile, I wouldn't have this chronic indigestion.

Edit: sorry, I'm just forced to hear the same crap over and over all day, and its legitimately giving me acid reflux... So I might have a slight bias.
02-03-2016, 07:18 PM
(02-03-2016 08:00 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  

Music like love, is in the eyes or ears of the beholder.

There is loads of great music out there, chances are it is coming from Peru or Portugal. One has to find it.

Now that the music industry has collapsed and there is no artist support, most music is released individually. Therefore it is harder to find because these people have no money to get their songs played on radio. It is also cheaper for radio stations to play music that is already licenced.

The same applies to the film industry. Often one will hear an old licenced song by someone like AC/DC or the Stones. The Avengers springs to mind. Why? Because the studio does not have to pay a composer, nor a studio session or the musicians that go with it.

So get ready to hear the same crap over and over for many years to come. Mind you, most of it was crap to start with, but the public's general taste in music in the west has never been good. Or perhaps I should say "advanced". People in countries such as Brasil, the Balkans, Japan, various parts of western Europe like Norway and Sweden has always been more sophisticated.

But yeah, the industry is dead. There's maybe five western artists retaining industry support. The foo fighters, U2, Beyonce, That blonde country music girl, The goo goo dolls and Justin Bieber. Maybe Rhianna too. Perhaps one or two more.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.