Special stuff that is so normal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2016, 03:22 PM
Special stuff that is so normal
The way the air feels just before it starts to rain for the first time in a while.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
24-09-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: Special stuff that is so normal
(24-09-2016 03:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  The way the air feels just before it starts to rain for the first time in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Unnx5eLbk

D.
24-09-2016, 06:05 PM
(24-09-2016 04:22 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  
(24-09-2016 03:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  The way the air feels just before it starts to rain for the first time in a while.

D.

Says that I can't view the video in my country. No

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Sunsets so beautiful I almost drive off the highway because I can't tear my eyes off of the horizon. Pink, purple, orange sky, gauzy golden clouds over dusty blue hills. Two in the past week!
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
24-09-2016, 07:11 PM

I was just outside and that's happening here.
The wind is picking up and it has that smell.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
24-09-2016, 07:34 PM
(24-09-2016 06:50 PM)julep Wrote:  Sunsets so beautiful I almost drive off the highway because I can't tear my eyes off of the horizon. Pink, purple, orange sky, gauzy golden clouds over dusty blue hills. Two in the past week!

I have started a collection of sunset pictures taken from my back yard. Some are simply stunning. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-09-2016, 07:36 AM
Another thing for me is birds in flight, landing and taking off. Most are very elegant about it, but some are clumsy to the point of making you wonder how that species even survived.

On a totally different note - old fashioned potato chips, no flavoring added. I love the plain, old, normal kind.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
25-09-2016, 07:41 AM
birds are wonderful. As a kid we had nighthawks, a relatively large bug eater that showed up at twilight to feast on the mosquitoes and moths. They would loop ant turn at powerline height, big wings with a white rectangular chevron that flashed well into the night. We'd lay on the grass and watch them for a while. Now I never see them, and see they are in decline.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
25-09-2016, 08:11 AM
(24-09-2016 04:22 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  

D.
Deneuve, one of the most beautiful women who ever wandered this planet. Almost made be believe in god. Worship Slaves

...and an awesome actress too.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
25-09-2016, 10:53 AM
(24-09-2016 06:50 PM)julep Wrote:  Sunsets so beautiful I almost drive off the highway because I can't tear my eyes off of the horizon. Pink, purple, orange sky, gauzy golden clouds over dusty blue hills. Two in the past week!

And all those sunsets happen when you are driving on a road you cannot stop on to just relax and look - or take a picture of.

Great place on a bridge near here where you see the weather in the Severn Valley and its tributaries, but you can't stop there and take joy in some poor bugger's ripper of a thunderstorm!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.