Special stuff that is so normal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2016, 08:26 PM
RE: Special stuff that is so normal
The quaking and rustling of Quaking Aspen trees in the fall.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
25-09-2016, 11:27 PM
Walking across the Golden Gate Bridge. I've only done it dozens of times, driven across it hundreds (perhaps thousands) of times (and each of those was special too). 200 feet above essentially open ocean the air is brisk; above the chilly west coast ocean currents it's not just brisk but hard and refreshing, and when clear of fog the view of the city is a view of Oz, gleaming white on the hills above the fingers of its piers on the cobalt bay. As an engineering nerd I marvel that the bridge was designed, every stick of steel in it, a mile and a quarter long, 700 feet high, by one man with a slide-rule, deriving 36 simultaneous equations to solve in 1934 what were then unprecedented solutions to suspension span construction. And then fired. I wonder today if that depth of engineering analytical skill still exists, computers have so thoroughly become engineering's auxiliary brain. The bridge stands (and will stand a long time) as reminder that we were clever once, pretty damned smart. And knew what beauty was, to put that bridge where it is, and give it sidewalks to walk on to take the beauty in with.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
26-09-2016, 02:13 AM
The feel of my dog's ears. She's been dead a few years now but she had the most wonderful velvety ears. She was a chocolate labrador. Still miss her.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
26-09-2016, 02:34 AM
(24-09-2016 03:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  The way the air feels just before it starts to rain for the first time in a while.

Standing outside just after it starts to rain, taking in the relief as the oppressive humidity finally gets it's shit together and condenses into something useful and refreshing.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post