Special thanks to Smerc - Halloween fix!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Special thanks to Smerc - Halloween fix!
So, our ghoul's banner was getting pretty tattered so I bought supplies to make a new one - Smerc offered a suggestion that I worked with and came up with a new one. We live on the corner of Kamber and Ann.

From last year -
[img][Image: Ghouloriginal_zps2622da02.jpg][/img]

New banner - two views.

[img][Image: Ghoul2_zps7171180b.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: Ghoul1_zps974bb10b.jpg][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
26-10-2014, 01:26 PM
RE: Special thanks to Smerc - Halloween fix!
Oh, that looks so awesome!!!! Thumbsup I love the double use of the 'A' and the red splotches, very creative Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
26-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Looks good.

Honestly we aren't decorating this year. Dead Fred is still stowed his coffin.

There's a big football game on Friday, so I guess we might end up, if the weather is ok, walking down to watch it.

I guess I'll just leave a bowl of candy outside with a help yourself note.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

26-10-2014, 01:39 PM
I love Halloween too much! Five years ago I was five days out from surgery. I dressed up and sat on a tall chair on the porch and guided the kids to the door with a bouquet of dead flowers.

It was a Vicodin for me and a Snickers for you, a Vicodin for me and a Kitkat for you. Was actually a pretty fun Halloween! Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
26-10-2014, 01:58 PM
(26-10-2014 01:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I love Halloween too much! Five years ago I was five days out from surgery. I dressed up and sat on a tall chair on the porch and guided the kids to the door with a bouquet of dead flowers.

It was a Vicodin for me and a Snickers for you, a Vicodin for me and a Kitkat for you. Was actually a pretty fun Halloween! Tongue

If I come trick-or-treating this year, do I get Vicodin? Angel

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
26-10-2014, 02:16 PM
I've never actually been trick-or-treating. It seems like a really big deal in the US. If it means anything then it's a time where you have to remember to ignore the doorbell and pretend that you're out. My husband apparently used to get a supersoaker full of cold water and fire it at anyone coming round that evening. In fairness though he did put up a sign warning them first.
26-10-2014, 02:18 PM
We have had up to 300 kids come here. Some years it's that many, some years fewer but still a big deal. The kids love the decorations, music, and fog at our house. And I give out the 'good' candy - not the cheap stuff. Big Grin

The dogs, however, hate it nearly as much as the fireworks on the Fourth of July.

[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
26-10-2014, 02:28 PM
I often have to remind myself that some people like children. It makes more sense to me if I think of 300 puppies coming to my house and wanting doggy biscuits!
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
26-10-2014, 02:32 PM
(26-10-2014 02:28 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I often have to remind myself that some people like children. It makes more sense to me if I think of 300 puppies coming to my house and wanting doggy biscuits!

HAHA! I am also not a big fan of kids. The nice thing about Halloween is they come and go in under five minutes - so that's a plus.

After years of trying to make Christmas magical I switched gears to Halloween. It's a lot more fun, takes less effort and money, and the music is better. Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-10-2014, 02:44 PM
(26-10-2014 02:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We have had up to 300 kids come here. Some years it's that many, some years fewer but still a big deal. The kids love the decorations, music, and fog at our house. And I give out the 'good' candy - not the cheap stuff. Big Grin

The dogs, however, hate it nearly as much as the fireworks on the Fourth of July.

In our neighborhood just about everybody has kids young enough to trick-or-treat, so they go off to other neighborhoods. We don't get very many here, there just aren't enough houses handing out candy. It ends up being me and my husband on the cold porch maybe seeing 10 kids.

My parents' house is like your neighborhood though. It's fun to help pass out candy there Big Grin I can't tell you how many times over the years that my dad had to go to the store for more candy. My mom adores little kids in their costumes. She really likes passing out the candy, and hearing them tell their jokes.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta