Specializations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2010, 11:04 AM
RE: Specializations
(21-08-2010 10:35 AM)BnW Wrote:  
Quote:Word got around how good my rats were,

This has to be about the greatest line ever posted on the internet.

LMAO. Never thought I'd win THAT award!!!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:So I decided to breed my own feeder rats to save on costs.
I've never though what would an evolution denying creationist sya about selective breeding... Gotta ask my creation-believing father the next time he brings the subject up.

Quote:Thats about the coolest, and most origional profession I can think of. Good on ya.
The coolness is just a side effectCool, the instrument builder profession is the only profession interesting me, since I dont have the brain and abilities to become a somekind of a scientist. Also, Im not interested in living several years with small goverment support while doing hardcore studying.
Science is my interest, but not my profession.:F

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
22-08-2010, 08:47 AM

My specialization is in the field of high school studies....
Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2010, 08:11 PM

In college I was a double major: Russian lang and lit and Geography. I went on to become an ERP software implementer. I prefer to think of myself as a poet and photographer. But, I have to eat too.
29-08-2010, 10:52 PM

Retired engineer, into science to a maximum extent. Raised in Catholic Schools (Gene Amole used to say that the best way to get great spelling is to sit in a desk (in his case, in a newsroom) next to someone who went to Catholic school). Worked on computers, mostly, engineering and programming, quite a few years in aerospace, then in architecture and 3D rendering. Most lately in haunted house (the commercial ones, not the "real" ones) websites.
30-08-2010, 09:14 AM

You're stark raving awesome! I've had pet rats my whole life, and they're wonderful little animals, if they're not wild and loose in your house ...

I am a professional pianist and teacher, but I wouldn't say that takes up most of my head space. I have a minor degree in theology, which now comes in quite handy actually. My biggest pet peeve, and therefore the topic that I read the most on, is "creation science." I wasn't allowed to learn about evolution as a kid, so now I devour absolutely everything I can find about it.
30-08-2010, 12:30 PM
I don't have a specialization yet, but I am currently pursuing a BA Honour's degree, majoring in English Lit. My focus is definitely on poetry, and I am leaning toward world war poetry, which is an absolutely fascinating area. I am planning on eventually obtaining a doctorate so that I can continue researching poetry for the rest of my life, because I'm curious like that and I just have to keep learning.
On the side, I read almost any book I can get my hands on. I just finished Dawkin's The Greatest Show on Earth, and I am almost finished Hitchen's God is not Great, both of which I highly recommend to anybody who hasn't yet read them.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula