Spectre chiming in.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2011, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2011 01:30 AM by Spectre.)
Spectre chiming in.
Hey guys, I met some of you on a different forum and had some pretty interesting discussions. I learned that they were from this website so I thought I'd come over and chime in, and perhaps provoke some thoughtful, civil, discussions. I'm a Young Earth Creationist by the way. *ducks*

I'll tell you a little bit about myself. I'm 24. I had a case of ocular melanoma but had it confirmed several days ago that it was gone.(After surgery.) I had a lot of spare time so I have been participating in the creation vs evolution debate a lot, mainly because I find it to be an interesting subject. Common sites I read through are icr.org, asnwersingenesis.org, drdino.com, talkorigins.org(Looking for more atheist/secular science resources.), I do read free secular peer review papers when I stumble upon them, particularly the ones relating to astronomy. Of course, I read creationist journals too.

After I finish my A+ Certification I plan on going to a local college to major in physics, when I complete that program I plan on transferring to a good university to learn about astronomy.(I also have a particular interest in quantum physics.) My goal here is to simply broaden my horizons by being exposed to an opposing world view.

That is all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2011, 02:00 AM
RE: Spectre chiming in.
You are very welcome! Always nice to have another view on our ideas. Though i must say we can be pretty harsh with our words and our ideas (as you may have found out in our previous topics) and I sincerely hope you won't be too offended by them.
We could always discuss claims against creationists, but without anyone to debate against, it sometimes felt pretty worthless

So, glad to have you here! Big Grin
02-05-2011, 02:18 AM
(02-05-2011 02:00 AM)Tim_Kiebooms Wrote:  You are very welcome! Always nice to have another view on our ideas. Though i must say we can be pretty harsh with our words and our ideas (as you may have found out in our previous topics) and I sincerely hope you won't be too offended by them.
We could always discuss claims against creationists, but without anyone to debate against, it sometimes felt pretty worthless

Thanks. I'm aware of the possible flaming that I may receive from atheists, but I see Christians flaming atheists all the time. It seems to be the norm in debates as intense as this one.
02-05-2011, 02:25 AM
(02-05-2011 02:18 AM)Spectre Wrote:  
(02-05-2011 02:00 AM)Tim_Kiebooms Wrote:  You are very welcome! Always nice to have another view on our ideas. Though i must say we can be pretty harsh with our words and our ideas (as you may have found out in our previous topics) and I sincerely hope you won't be too offended by them.

Thanks. I'm aware of the possible flaming that I may receive from atheists, but I see Christians flaming atheists all the time. It seems to be the norm in debates as intense as this one.
Yeah flaming never solves anything, though i can understand that it's sometimes frustrating (for both sides) when someone doesn't understand or doesn't agree with your ideals.
Let us hope we can have civilized discussions, without too much flaming.
02-05-2011, 02:26 AM
I find that the "basis for morality argument" is one argument that really gets people riled up on both sides.
02-05-2011, 06:34 AM
Hola! Perhaps on TTA Ron will not be able to censor what is being said! The admins follow the rules on this forum Tongue. Most everyone on here is pretty civil so things should stay fairly rational.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Wellcomes. You seem like a bright guy, so I'm looking forward to hearing what kind of a creationist you are, and what has lead you to the conclusion.

(Try to) enjoy your stay. Smile

Btw, do you know The Selfish Gene?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2011, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2011 11:12 AM by Spectre.)
(02-05-2011 07:46 AM)Kikko Wrote:  Wellcomes. You seem like a bright guy, so I'm looking forward to hearing what kind of a creationist you are, and what has lead you to the conclusion.

(Try to) enjoy your stay. Smile

Btw, do you know The Selfish Gene?
The poster or the book? Tongue

Based on the way you wrote it I assume the book. Yes, I know of it, I heard of it by word of mouth in the debate between Dawkins and Lennox.
02-05-2011, 11:24 AM

(02-05-2011 01:07 AM)Spectre Wrote:  Hey guys, I met some of you on a different forum and had some pretty interesting discussions. I learned that they were from this website so I thought I'd come over and chime in, and perhaps provoke some thoughtful, civil, discussions. I'm a Young Earth Creationist by the way. *ducks*

I'll tell you a little bit about myself. I'm 24. I had a case of ocular melanoma but had it confirmed several days ago that it was gone.(After surgery.) I had a lot of spare time so I have been participating in the creation vs evolution debate a lot, mainly because I find it to be an interesting subject. Common sites I read through are icr.org, asnwersingenesis.org, drdino.com, talkorigins.org(Looking for more atheist/secular science resources.), I do read free secular peer review papers when I stumble upon them, particularly the ones relating to astronomy. Of course, I read creationist journals too.

After I finish my A+ Certification I plan on going to a local college to major in physics, when I complete that program I plan on transferring to a good university to learn about astronomy.(I also have a particular interest in quantum physics.) My goal here is to simply broaden my horizons by being exposed to an opposing world view.

That is all.
A young earth creationist. Oh, how fun. [Image: 15.gif] Welcome.
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Yep, I'm a YEC. I'm not too great in Geology, so when talking about age I normally rely on arguments stemming from astronomy.