Sperm are People, Too

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2012, 04:43 PM
RE: Sperm are People, Too
(23-04-2012 04:23 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  Starcrest - good to know where you stand on that! I will say I was giggling for a while with the title of this thread. If I was talented I'd write you a song about my views of personhood in conjunction with blastoceles, neural crests, and the potential for twinning, but i'm not. So I wont.

(22-04-2012 09:05 PM)Debzilla Wrote:  There is no person who has the genetic make up of a sperm. just sayin.
More like 1/2 a person, minus the mitochondria.
Yeah, I know. When I'm presenting this theory, I'm doing it tongue-in-cheek --- I don't actually think that sperm are little people. I don't think it's "half" a person either, because even after joined to a female sex cell it still becomes only a cell and then a cluster of cells. While people have the "genetic make up" of a cell, no one cell is a person. In fact, "personhood" comes much later in my opinion.

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Debzilla's post
23-04-2012, 04:54 PM
RE: Sperm are People, Too
I don't know how many times I've had to tell my wife, "Not the ball sack", when she's pulling me off beating the hell out of my next door neighbor.
No one seems to understand the divine wisdom of the bible like a piss-drunk crazed lunatic discussing football.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Thomas's post