Spin-off of Why I believe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: Spin-off of Why I believe
(12-04-2017 02:12 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Nah not trying to troll, just reacting to a generalization in a way that hopefully gives a few folks a chuckle. Smile

In the end, isn't that all that really matters. Smile

(12-04-2017 02:12 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 01:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I hope to God that's not a public university system you're describing.
It is. In the land of beer, sausage, and cheese.

Per istam sanctan unctionem et suam piissimam misericordiam, indulgeat tibi Dominus quidquid per visum, audtiotum, odorátum, gustum et locutiónem, tactum, gressum deliquisti. Amen.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-04-2017, 02:47 PM
That's what happens when you're a Catholic. I troll him about making a troll comment, which I totally fabricated* and now he feels guilty. Tongue

*I do that occasionally, put on my prophet hat and take mock outrage to some random theist bashings, but then I've been a troll for longer than being a troll has been a thing. Laugh out load

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
12-04-2017, 02:53 PM
(12-04-2017 02:47 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  That's what happens when you're a Catholic. I troll him about making a troll comment, which I totally fabricated* and now he feels guilty. Tongue

*I do that occasionally, put on my prophet hat and take mock outrage to some random theist bashings, but then I've been a troll for longer than being a troll has been a thing. Laugh out load

As long as you're willing to burn in Hell for them it's all good.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-04-2017, 03:03 PM
(12-04-2017 10:36 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 09:14 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Europe? Doesn't seem theocratic (mostly) any time soon. Less so than many countries in the Americas possibly.

Yabut we all know how much you guys like bringing "freedom and democracy" and all that enlightenend stuff to the rest of the world Dodgy

[Image: oS3Qd2AZZ-620x396.png]

Our number one export is entertainment! (how you define it is completely up to you) Music, film, wars... Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
12-04-2017, 03:18 PM
(12-04-2017 02:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 02:47 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  That's what happens when you're a Catholic. I troll him about making a troll comment, which I totally fabricated* and now he feels guilty. Tongue

As long as you're willing to burn in Hell for them it's all good.

Funny thing is, the only time I ever actually heard the voice of god -

I offer you the kingdom of hell

- trailing off into the distance. Laugh out load

So the OG is also the OT. Wink

living word
12-04-2017, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2017 03:32 PM by Vera.)
FC

[Image: 1n5fe3.jpg]

(12-04-2017 12:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  ATT has confirmed several things during his stay here:
  • Atheists don't fight fair! // tn: We don't roll over and play dead when he trots out some addle-pated drivel.
  • Atheists are aggressive and evil. // we INSULT him and laugh at his stupid God. We will definitely burn in hell. He probably masturbates to the thought.
  • They are deluded by Satan and don't recognise that they are applying a double standard to their beliefs. // cognitive dissonance - his only answer to stuff that he can't answer is to cover his ears, sing loudly and "trust in the Lord".
  • They really DO want to kill babies.

Anyway ATT, for all your pretense of being a reasonable guy I think we've blown that particular conceit of yours up Smile Of course you won't learn from this and go your way a sadder, wiser man, but it was entertaining Thumbsup

I almost never negrep anyone (except for a few select ones, who shall remain nameless, lest we summon their horrible phantasm... and even horribler fantasies Dodgy ) but ATT is one of the few, the proud(ly stupid). The latrines('s content) Dodgy His stupidity is matched only by his self-righteous arrogance. From what I've seen so far at least.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
12-04-2017, 03:29 PM
Girly's Latin is way better than mine, had to pull up a translator, and HoC is right, the guilt is real. (So is the Struggle, or so I'm told.) Sad But had guilt already as a Baptist, so maybe it's compounded by Catholicism?

As an aside, ATT, when you get around to it (totally understand working hard and not having time at first), was I right a few pages back about you believing that morality does not exist outside God, and therefore you're trying to get our atheist friends to admit as much?

Need to think of a witty signature.
12-04-2017, 03:35 PM
(12-04-2017 03:18 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Funny thing is, the only time I ever actually heard the voice of god -

Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-04-2017, 03:38 PM
(12-04-2017 03:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 03:18 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Funny thing is, the only time I ever actually heard the voice of god -

Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

Almost like someone forgot that satan is god's attorney. Dodgy

living word
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
12-04-2017, 04:05 PM
(12-04-2017 05:10 AM)A_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 03:13 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I do some brain hacking with binaural beats from time to time. Auditory hallucinations are fun. I wouldn't be surprised if all the praying and chanting and flailing about doesn't consistently induce specific brain waves they find pleasurable. Seems like you'd have a lot more control of the frequency and resultant brain waves by just electronically manipulating sine waves instead of going through all that rigamarole though. What the fuck is the frequency, Kenneth?

Facepalm Knock knock is anyone home? Does anyone here actually read what others post? Ok yes that was sarcasm but really it's like an echo chamber in here of double standard demands an ad hominem. I know there are ones here who actually do think and present logical arguments and positions. Science is presented as peer reviewed. Is that scientific discipline just disregarded here?

Maybe if you actually took the time to learn what we expect of the people who post here, you wouldn't feel that we're attacking unjustly. You're like an artist trying to deliver a lecture series in organic chemistry. It's plainly obvious to everyone in the room that you don't know what you're talking about and that you're way out of your league.

I asked you in your introduction thread if you had any prior experience communicating with atheists and you replied that you didn't, but you do have a gay friend.

You're obviously here to proselytize in spite of your previous insistence that you're not (because you obviously want us to agree with you on this prayer thing.) That's not going to happen. You'll win zero souls here, and at the rate you're going, you'll probably only serve to further the divide between skeptics and religious fundamentalists. But whatever, you're a nice guy. I'll make the offer to you that I planned to make in your intro thread: If you need help or advice in effectively communicating to skeptics, then I'll be happy to try to help. I'm sure Shai Hulud will also give you some pointers if he's available.

Pointers or not, you'll not convince a single person here to adopt your point of view. The best you can hope to do is gain respectful disagreement. If you want, we can have a more detailed conversation about why that is.
[+] 7 users Like Aliza's post