Spin-off of Why I believe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2017, 11:42 AM
RE: Spin-off of Why I believe
(15-04-2017 11:33 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Aliza Wrote:Yes, it's an open forum. I'm sharing with you that your expressions of blessings may make others uncomfortable. It certainly makes me uncomfortable. It also may potentially alienate others and automatically align them against you and the ideas you're trying to share.
Are you afraid of ideas that are different than yours? Are you delicate snowflake?

Yeah. I'm so scared. Drinking Beverage

How many replies did you write to me? You couldn't have just gathered them up into one post?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
15-04-2017, 11:45 AM
Yogi_Bear Wrote:And you would entitled to that opinion rightly so just as we all are. The problem with doing something to earn brownie points by doing good from my view point as a Christian is God knows my heart and there are no brownies for things done for selfish reasons. If a child carries out garage expecting to be given a dollar or two is one thing if a child carries out the garbage simply because he loves his parents that is another thing entirely
I agree with you.
But to do something out of love and to know that I also will be rewarded for that is entirely third thing. I like this third thing.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
15-04-2017, 11:46 AM
(15-04-2017 11:28 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Aliza Wrote:You're on their turf.
Ugh, I hate when Christians come to atheist forums and try to tell the locals what's what.
What does it have to do with me saying "I am blessed (something is good for me)"?
Why can't I say this on atheist forum?
How many theistic forums would ensure the same privilege ? None, you can say what you want but In the same breath you cannot also claim special privilege. # rather disgusted right now. :no:
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
15-04-2017, 11:46 AM
(15-04-2017 11:28 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Aliza Wrote:You're on their turf.
Ugh, I hate when Christians come to atheist forums and try to tell the locals what's what.
What does it have to do with me saying "I am blessed (something is good for me)"?
Why can't I say this on atheist forum?

I don't give a flying fuck if you say (or think) you are blessed.

Being blessed implies someone or some thing has "blessed" you. It does not mean "something is good" for you. It's a concept similar to a curse but not in a negative outcome sort of way..... if that makes sense.

So you can say it all you want, its meaningless bullshit to me.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
15-04-2017, 11:47 AM
(15-04-2017 11:42 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 11:33 AM)Alla Wrote:  Are you afraid of ideas that are different than yours? Are you delicate snowflake?

How many replies did you write to me? You couldn't have just gathered them up into one post?

Theists. Rolleyes

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
15-04-2017, 11:48 AM
(15-04-2017 11:42 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Yeah. I'm so scared. Drinking Beverage
Smile

(15-04-2017 11:42 AM)Aliza Wrote:  How many replies did you write to me? You couldn't have just gathered them up into one post?
I could, if I choose to reply to more of your posts I will do this.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
15-04-2017, 11:49 AM
(15-04-2017 11:47 AM)kim Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 11:42 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Yeah. I'm so scared. Drinking Beverage

Theists. Rolleyes

Theists. Rolleyes
Equals ass fuckers
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
15-04-2017, 11:49 AM
(15-04-2017 11:23 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Aliza Wrote:Ugh. I hate when Christians say they're blessed for this, or blessed for that. Why do you guys do that?
"I am blessed" is another way to say "I have something that is good for me". Why do I say this? Because I believe it is true.

Aliza Wrote:Speaking strictly for myself here, it actually makes me feel uncomfortable
Oh well.

That is not the definition of the word blessed.

bless·ed
blest,ˈblesid/
adjective
adjective: blessed

made holy; consecrated.

it is often used as a verb as sort of the inverse of a curse too
or as a noun meaning one who lives with god

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
15-04-2017, 11:51 AM
(15-04-2017 11:42 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 11:33 AM)Alla Wrote:  Are you afraid of ideas that are different than yours? Are you delicate snowflake?

.... I do multiple posts like that cause I haven't yet figured out how ya'll gather them all up the way you do. Also my weird ass brain I'm continually thinking of things to add (which is also why I have to force myself to stop editing posts after 2 minutes or I'll never stop editing and adding to my posts)

Big Grin
15-04-2017, 11:51 AM
(15-04-2017 11:49 AM)JesseB Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 11:23 AM)Alla Wrote:  "I am blessed" is another way to say "I have something that is good for me". Why do I say this? Because I believe it is true.

Oh well.

That is not the definition of the word blessed.

bless·ed
blest,ˈblesid/
adjective
adjective: blessed

made holy; consecrated.

it is often used as a verb as sort of the inverse of a curse too
or as a noun meaning one who lives with god

Consider Hmm. Cool..

Makes me unblessed. Girl_nails

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post