Spin-off of Why I believe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2017, 11:54 AM
RE: Spin-off of Why I believe
JesseB Wrote:Being blessed implies someone or some thing has "blessed" you. It does not mean "something is good" for you
Oh, I didn't know that.
I always believed this: if something is good for me it is a blessing.
For example, when someone is unkind to me I find that it is a blessing ( it is good for me). It is good because it is an opportunity to learn how to be kind to unkind person. It is an opportunity to learn to love or to like someone unconditionally. We call unconditional love "pure love of Christ".

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2017, 12:01 PM
'JesseB Wrote:That is not the definition of the word blessed.
Words are symbols.
The same symbols can have different meaning. People give meanings to symbols.
For example, "serpent" is symbol of God YHWH. But some people don't know this. Some people think that "serpent" is symbol of Devil only.

15-04-2017, 12:02 PM
(15-04-2017 11:48 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 11:42 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Yeah. I'm so scared. Drinking Beverage
Smile

(15-04-2017 11:42 AM)Aliza Wrote:  How many replies did you write to me? You couldn't have just gathered them up into one post?
I could, if I choose to reply to more of your posts I will do this.

Don't bother, sweetheart. I'm putting you back on ignore where you belong. I only pulled you off because I heard that you were "doing better" this time around and I thought maybe you'd have something of value to say as such that I might be able to engage in some kind of meaningful conversation with you.

Guess not.

Yeah, and I'm with Jesse on this, though. I don't give a flying fuck if you say or think you're blessed. If you want to have productive communications with the forum members on TTA, then I would advise against the use of words that may rub people the wrong way. -But clearly this has never been your goal. You're back to proving your status as a Poe.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
15-04-2017, 12:04 PM
(15-04-2017 12:02 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 11:48 AM)Alla Wrote:  Smile

I could, if I choose to reply to more of your posts I will do this.

Don't bother, sweetheart. I'm putting you back on ignore where you belong. I only pulled you off because I heard that you were "doing better" this time around and I thought maybe you'd have something of value to say as such that I might be able to engage in some kind of meaningful conversation with you.

Guess not.

Yeah, and I'm with Jesse on this, though. I don't give a flying fuck if you say or think you're blessed. If you want to have productive communications with the forum members on TTA, then I would advise against the use of words that may rub people the wrong way. -But clearly this has never been your goal. You're back to proving your status as a Poe.

Ok, Aliza. Heart

15-04-2017, 12:04 PM
(15-04-2017 12:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  For example, "serpent" is symbol of God YHWH. But some people don't know this. Some people think that serpent is symbol of Devil only.

I didn't know that. Lends credence to HoC's (pbuh) observation that Satan is God's attorney. It's always good to have professional counsel and representation in these matters. All questions should be directed to my attorney. Smile

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-04-2017, 12:07 PM
(15-04-2017 12:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 12:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  For example, "serpent" is symbol of God YHWH. But some people don't know this. Some people think that serpent is symbol of Devil only.

I didn't know that. Lends credence to HoC's (pbuh) observation that Satan is God's attorney. It's always good to have professional counsel and representation in these matters. All questions should be directed to my attorney. Smile

Satan takes what is good and true and corrupts it.

15-04-2017, 12:13 PM
(15-04-2017 12:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 12:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I didn't know that. Lends credence to HoC's (pbuh) observation that Satan is God's attorney. It's always good to have professional counsel and representation in these matters. All questions should be directed to my attorney. Smile

Satan takes what is good and true and corrupts it.

Ah, so he's a capitalist.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-04-2017, 12:21 PM
(15-04-2017 12:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  Satan takes what is good and true and corrupts it.

Which he would only be able to do with your god's permission. Drinking Beverage

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
15-04-2017, 12:23 PM
(15-04-2017 12:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 12:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  Satan takes what is good and true and corrupts it.

Ah, so he's a capitalist.

Laugh out load Laugh out load

I would compare him with evil communist. He promises noble and good ideas but his promises are lies.

[+] 2 users Like Alla's post
15-04-2017, 12:24 PM
(15-04-2017 12:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  
'JesseB Wrote:That is not the definition of the word blessed.
Words are symbols.
The same symbols can have different meaning. People give meanings to symbols.
For example, "serpent" is symbol of God YHWH. But some people don't know this. Some people think that "serpent" is symbol of Devil only.
The Christadelphians teach that the serpent was just that, a serpent. That said, they also teach there is no actual devil, that the 'devil' is nothing more than a symbolic (anthropomorphic?) representation of humankind's propensity to sin.

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde