Spin-off of Why I believe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2017, 02:44 PM
RE: Spin-off of Why I believe
(15-04-2017 02:39 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Thanks for sharing Heart It seems like a huge clue to those of a sceptical nature.
Skeptical and also people who like fairness. Because this would've been the ultimate unfairness (if it were true, of course)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
15-04-2017, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2017 03:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-04-2017 02:24 PM)Vera Wrote:  Nu-huh, Girly. Her levels of goopy-loopiness are near-lethal. No offence, Johnny Drinking Beverage

Hey, so I googleprayed your siggie and the Oracle of Mountain View (pbuh) told me "E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò." is Italian for "And if it does not pass the sadness with other eyes the guarder." Blink The fuck that mean. So I googleprayed that and deux ex machigoogle comes back up with "And if it does not pass the sadness with other eyes the garter." Blink Blink Worse yet, I can't find the only one which does make sense to me, "As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden. And if it does not pass the sadness with other eyes the gardener. " - Chauncey Gardner, Being There

This is gonna be one of 'dem zippitity "the fuck?" doo dah days. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-04-2017, 03:02 PM
(15-04-2017 02:44 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 02:39 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Thanks for sharing Heart It seems like a huge clue to those of a sceptical nature.
Skeptical and also people who like fairness. Because this would've been the ultimate unfairness (if it were true, of course)

Good point!

And not natural unfairness which is unavoidable, but unnecessarily imposed unfairness.

The idea that a person indoctrinated into one religion is supposed to "realize" it's the wrong one and convert to another specific one, (when they all have zero evidence) is just absurd; while those lucky enough to be in the right one from the start just cruise along to the winning line.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
15-04-2017, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2017 04:06 PM by Vera.)
Oh, god (all of them, really Rolleyes ) bless you, Girly, dearest! I desperately needed such a good laugh! Heart

It's from a wonderful Italian song that someone posted on FB ages ago I instantly fell in love with the words.

It means "And if the sadness doesn't go away, I'll look at it with different eyes."

I also really love the words: "because today I don't believe that one horizon is enough'' Heart

Exactly, Rob. I keep saying - random, indifferent universe I'm perfectly happy with. Someone in charge of all this suffering in injustice? Screw them to the ends of their own hell!

[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
15-04-2017, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2017 04:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-04-2017 03:14 PM)Vera Wrote:  It means "And if the sadness doesn't go away, I'll look at it with different eyes."

This does demonstrate and reinforce the Laplander's point that
(15-04-2017 10:28 AM)Stephen Pedersen Wrote:  Hard ai has a long way to go...
. I mean it's not like Italian is Swahili or Ubekebekistan. Or does it? Let me try to go from English to Italian. "E se la tristezza non va via, io guardo con occhi diversi." And back? "If the sadness does not go away, I look with different eyes." Consider "I look with different eyes" better captures the "life eats your guts and spits back your soul" intended takeaway than "I'll look with different eyes". There. Now I'm appropriately scared again.

By the by. Is this an example of the type of disingenuous reasoning that Christian Apologetics uses? Is there money to be made at it? I'd be willing to give it a go. Maybe I could sell it in Christian bookstores.

#sigh
15-04-2017, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2017 04:22 PM by Vera.)
Yeah, life can keep my non-existent soul for all I care. My guts, though, I won't give up without a fight. Them I actually need!

Also, Girly, my dear, I'm about to go listen to some (hopefully good) jazz and blues (love blues!), and most probably drink, possibly on a rather empty stomach, yet *you* sound like it's you who've been doing exactly this Consider

It's poesy, dear, and for once, I actually like it Yes

Also, don't make me bring out the big Portuguese fado guns and post the song where he sings how he walks through life, searching for a less dark and cold night, in which he won't feel the agony of yet another day that just died (luckily, being the night person that I am, it's not night that is the hardest... Undecided )

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
15-04-2017, 04:21 PM
(15-04-2017 04:16 PM)Vera Wrote:  Yeah, life can keep my non-existent soul for all I care.

That's exactly why it spits it back. Bastard.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-04-2017, 04:25 PM
(15-04-2017 04:16 PM)Vera Wrote:  Also, Girly, my dear, I'm about to go listen to some (hopefully good) jazz and blues (love blues!), and most probably drink, possibly on a rather empty stomach, yet *you* sound like it's you who've been doing exactly this Consider

I brain hack with different nootropics. Today I ran a stack of aniracetam+oxiracetam+piracetam+caffeine. It's interesting enough. Big Grin

#sigh
15-04-2017, 04:29 PM
(15-04-2017 04:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  By the by. Is this an example of the type of disingenuous reasoning that Christian Apologetics uses? Is there money to be made at it? I'd be willing to give it a go. Maybe I could sell it in Christian bookstores.

What hasn’t been monitized by religion? Holy water is a big seller, indulgences are still a part of the Catholic play book

[Image: holy-water.jpg]

Hmmm Consider I know, we can charge for doing poopy and pee pee, we’ll make millions!

[Image: vaggdekor-vaggord-vaggtext-holy-water-holy-shit-.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
15-04-2017, 04:36 PM
(15-04-2017 02:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 02:24 PM)Vera Wrote:  Nu-huh, Girly. Her levels of goopy-loopiness are near-lethal. No offence, Johnny Drinking Beverage

Hey, so I googleprayed your siggie and the Oracle of Mountain View (pbuh) told me "E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò." is Italian for "And if it does not pass the sadness with other eyes the guarder." Blink The fuck that mean. So I googleprayed that and deux ex machigoogle comes back up with "And if it does not pass the sadness with other eyes the garter." Blink Blink Worse yet, I can't find the only one which does make sense to me, "As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden. And if it does not pass the sadness with other eyes the gardener. " - Chauncey Gardner, Being There

This is gonna be one of 'dem zippitity "the fuck?" doo dah days. Thumbsup

Dammit, Girly.

I have to play this show next week. An awful lot of crappy music in it, but this song especially gives me the creeps because I am old enough to cringe at the memory of Song of the South.

[+] 2 users Like julep's post