Spin-off of Why I believe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2017, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2017 06:18 PM by Alla.)
RE: Spin-off of Why I believe
Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:Your god creates mankind.
Your god knew before he created mankind that mankind would be sinful.
Your god could have made mankind incapable of sin, but chose not to do so.
Your god wanted mankind to be sinful.

Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:Your god created satan.
Your god knew before he created satan that he would be sinful and corrupt mankind further.
Your god could have created satan incapable of sin and corruption, but chose not to do so.
Your god wanted satan to be sinful and to corrupt mankind further.

I don't believe that God can create men who are incapable of sin. Even God is capable to sin (theoretically) - He has freedom to choose between good(right) and evil(wrong).
Satan and the rest of God's children are created in God's image, it means we all as Gods have moral agency - freedom to choose between good and evil.

Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:Your god created hell, ultimate suffering, an eternal lake of fire, endless furnace, etc.
Your god created hell planning to use it to torture sentient, weaker beings that he created.
I don't believe this doctrine is true.

Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:Your god knew in advance that he would torture these beings, that he called his children.
I don't believe in this doctrine.
I believe that this doctrine is true: Christ was sent to redeem ALL God's children who lived, live and will live on Earth. Christ atoned and this is why every man will be saved from hell.

GirlyMan Wrote:Yin and yang. I'm telling you Alla, Mormons are Buddhists.
I like that.

SeaJay Wrote:Where did you get this line of reasoning from?

from the Book of Mormon.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2017, 06:23 PM
(15-04-2017 06:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:Your god creates mankind.
Your god knew before he created mankind that mankind would be sinful.
Your god could have made mankind incapable of sin, but chose not to do so.
Your god wanted mankind to be sinful.

Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:Your god created satan.
Your god knew before he created satan that he would be sinful and corrupt mankind further.
Your god could have created satan incapable of sin and corruption, but chose not to do so.
Your god wanted satan to be sinful and to corrupt mankind further.

I don't believe that God can create men who are incapable of sin. Even God is capable to sin (theoretically) - He has freedom to choose between good(right) and evil(wrong).
Satan and the rest of God's children are created in God's image, it means we all as Gods have moral agency - freedom to choose between good and evil.

Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:Your god created hell, ultimate suffering, an eternal lake of fire, endless furnace, etc.
Your god created hell planning to use it to torture sentient, weaker beings that he created.
I don't believe this doctrine is true.

Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:Your god knew in advance that he would torture these beings, that he called his children.
I don't believe in this doctrine.
I believe that this doctrine is true: Christ was sent to redeem ALL God's children who lived, live and will live on Earth. Christ atoned and this is why every man will be saved from hell.

GirlyMan Wrote:Yin and yang. I'm telling you Alla, Mormons are Buddhists.
I like that.

SeaJay Wrote:Where did you get this line of reasoning from?

from the Book of Mormon.

> “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?” (Epicurus) Consider
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
15-04-2017, 06:28 PM
(15-04-2017 04:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 04:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  By the by. Is this an example of the type of disingenuous reasoning that Christian Apologetics uses? Is there money to be made at it? I'd be willing to give it a go. Maybe I could sell it in Christian bookstores.

What hasn’t been monitized by religion? Holy water is a big seller, indulgences are still a part of the Catholic play book

[Image: holy-water.jpg]

Hmmm Consider I know, we can charge for doing poopy and pee pee, we’ll make millions!

[Image: vaggdekor-vaggord-vaggtext-holy-water-holy-shit-.jpg]

What about that statue that was givng people Holy water that "couldn't be explained" until they found out the "holy water" people were drinking was actually coming from a leaky sewage pipe lol

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
15-04-2017, 06:32 PM
(15-04-2017 06:23 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Someone already shared with me this quote.
This is what I believe:
God prevents evil only when evil interferes with His plan.
God did not create evil. Evil exists from eternity to eternity. It means that evil was never created/it has no absolute beginning, evil will never be destroyed/it has no absolute end.
If a man or woman never experienced evil, he or she will never become like Gods.

15-04-2017, 06:38 PM
(15-04-2017 06:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 06:23 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
This is what I believe:
God did not create evil. Evil exists from eternity to eternity. It means that evil was never created/it has no absolute beginning, evil will never be destroyed/it has no absolute end.
If a man or woman never experienced evil, he or she will never become like Gods.

This answer pretty much falls into the category of "then why call him god" based on the example above.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
15-04-2017, 06:39 PM
(15-04-2017 06:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  
This is what I believe:

> Do you NOT believe that God is omnibenevolent, omniscient and omnipotent?

> And what is the basis for your beliefs as stated above? Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
15-04-2017, 06:53 PM
Gwaithmir Wrote:> Do you NOT believe that God is omnibenevolent, omniscient and omnipotent?
I believe that God is all that but it is important to know what these words mean according to those who wrote scriptures.

Gwaithmir Wrote:> And what is the basis for your beliefs as stated above?
scriptures and my testimony.

15-04-2017, 06:59 PM
JesseB Wrote:This answer pretty much falls into the category of "then why call him god" based on the example above.
I said that God can prevent evil if it interferes with His plan. So, He is able.

15-04-2017, 07:03 PM
(15-04-2017 06:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  
JesseB Wrote:This answer pretty much falls into the category of "then why call him god" based on the example above.
I said that God can prevent evil if it interferes with His plan. So, He is able.

Post 297 your response is not logically sound.

This post.... He can neither create nor abolish evil. So why call him god (rephrased for your benefit) At best by your current definition he's just a super hero, kinda like super man.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
15-04-2017, 07:11 PM
(15-04-2017 06:53 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Gwaithmir Wrote:> Do you NOT believe that God is omnibenevolent, omniscient and omnipotent?
I believe that God is all that but it is important to know what these words mean according to those who wrote scriptures.

Gwaithmir Wrote:> And what is the basis for your beliefs as stated above?
scriptures and my testimony.

> Can you be more specific? What evidence do you have that scripture is anything but the work of primitive, fallible men? How do you differentiate "testimony" in the scriptures from mere storytelling?
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post