Spin-off of Why I believe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: Spin-off of Why I believe
(16-04-2017 03:18 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Inappropriate analogy. God is supposed to be all-loving and all-powerful. Evil cannot exist unless he wills it to exist. Evil does exist. Therefore, God is either a malevolent being, or else he does not exist by reason of self-contradiction.

My point is this:
what is evil in mortal men's s eyes that is not evil in eyes of God.
If God believed that He is doing evil He wouldn't be God.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2017, 03:25 PM
(16-04-2017 03:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(16-04-2017 03:18 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Inappropriate analogy. God is supposed to be all-loving and all-powerful. Evil cannot exist unless he wills it to exist. Evil does exist. Therefore, God is either a malevolent being, or else he does not exist by reason of self-contradiction.

My point is this:

According to your own book, god has done evil, by his own standard. You can't hide behind some "because god did it, it's not evil" foolishness.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
16-04-2017, 03:25 PM
(16-04-2017 03:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Gwaithmir Wrote:Is he able to prevent evil, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Little child will tell you that shots are evil. They cause fear, pain and suffering. GOOD parent is able to prevent this "evil" but not willing.
Why? Is it because he or she malevolent? This was rhetorical question.
What in the eyes of a child is evil, it is good and right in the eyes of GOOD parent

It should be pointed out that its fucking sick to compare a child getting a shot to a child who's born into this world and lives and dies without ever having a full meal, who is raped literally to death (yes this can be fucking done). Who suffers in agony their entire time on this earth, and then (for the oh so horrible crime of being BORN in the fucking WRONG place and time) Is blanket condemned to suffer for "all eternity" too......

If you must pretend god is some sort of parent figure then you should be aware that your god makes my abusive fucked up dad look like a saint by comparision. The god of the bible is the most evil vile creature to ever be imagined by humans. This is why I prefer Cthulhu, far superior in EVERY way to the god of the bible.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
16-04-2017, 03:26 PM
(16-04-2017 03:21 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(16-04-2017 03:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  Everyone is the student in this world. We all learn what it means to be in the world where all kind of bad things happen. We learn what fallen world is all about.

It's it's fallen, it's god's own goddamn fault it's that way.

It is GOOD to learn what fallen world is.
It is not God's fault that this world is fallen, it was our choice to experience this world.

16-04-2017, 03:28 PM

My point is this:

Yea no, I understand the god orders the murder of little girls *underage* families killing their fathers right in front of them and those little girls required to become sex slaves to their new masters. And failure to do this according to the bible IS A SIN, I know very few fucking scumbag religious people that will openly admit and argue this is correct however. But I do know they are out there. And it is fucking correct if you choose to accept the bible, then you're kinda by default accepting this. So.... fuck your god, he's a cunt.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like JesseB's post
16-04-2017, 03:29 PM
(16-04-2017 03:26 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(16-04-2017 03:21 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  It's it's fallen, it's god's own goddamn fault it's that way.

It is GOOD to learn what fallen world is.
It is not God's fault that this world is fallen, it was our choice to experience this world.

Lol...our choice?

god puts the very thing that can screw us over right in front of our faces and makes it appealing, even letting an asshole come down and egg us on, then he gets pissed when his creation disobeyed?

If you put a steak in front of your dog and say "Don't eat it" then walk away and come back and they ate it, do you get to beat the dog? Or are you just an idiot?
[+] 3 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
16-04-2017, 03:37 PM
(16-04-2017 03:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  God is always able to prevent evil in the worlds(realities) He organized.
God has this power, ability.
When it is necessary to prevent evil He will do it. When it is not necessary He won't

I regard the fact that every day of the year, around 16,000 children under the age of 4 will die in sub-Saharan Africa from malnutrition, dehydration, and preventable diseases as an evil thing.

You allege that your god has the ability to prevent evil. The above statistic shows clearly that (were he to exist of course) he does not (would not) have that power.

Can you explain Alla why he lets all those little kids die a painful, drawn-out death?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
16-04-2017, 03:42 PM
ResidentEvilfan Wrote:Lol...our choice?
Yes.
I am Mormon. We believe that every person who is born on Earth lived with God. We chose to come here to have new experiences and to learn from them.

ResidentEvilfan Wrote:If you put a steak in front of your dog and say "Don't eat it" then walk away and come back and they ate it, do you get to beat the dog? Or are you just an idiot?
Adam and Eve did the right thing. They chose what was good for them.

16-04-2017, 03:42 PM

My point is this:

> We have rational definitions for what evil is. Unless you are claiming to be clairvoyant, you are in no position to state how God sees things. Your argument fails because you are trying (rather unconvincingly) to redefine evil in order to resolve the dilemma of evil. An omnibenevolent, omnipotent God cannot, by definition, perform an evil act or even allow evil to exist. If God regards an evil act as good, he is in error and is, by definition, a malevolent being.

> Your God is beneath what I rationally consider to be a moral being. Dodgy
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
16-04-2017, 03:43 PM
(16-04-2017 02:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe that it is important to learn pleasure and pain,

I agree and enjoy moderate pain coupled with some pleasure.

Upon reflection that's probably not what you were talking about. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post