Spin-off of Why I believe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2017, 01:01 PM
RE: Spin-off of Why I believe
(26-04-2017 10:39 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Train wreck, dude, train wreck.

For Allah's sake, do not say this a third time of front of a mirror, lest you summon you-know-who (and if you don't, consider yourself lucky!) [Image: LaieA_052.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
26-04-2017, 02:00 PM
(26-04-2017 10:06 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Mmmmm Consider This thread currently is like watching a very very uneven boxing match, painful.....but hard not to watch. Ouch ! Wink

So it's like your basic creationist/scientist debate?
Find all posts by this user
26-04-2017, 03:18 PM
(26-04-2017 01:01 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 10:39 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Train wreck, dude, train wreck.

For Allah's sake, do not say this a third time of front of a mirror, lest you summon you-know-who (and if you don't, consider yourself lucky!) [Image: LaieA_052.gif]
Train wreck train wreck train wreck we summon thee from the depths of hell, come visit us grace us with thy presence and bring us all to life everlasting. Amen. Big Grin
26-04-2017, 03:27 PM
(12-04-2017 02:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 02:12 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Nah not trying to troll, just reacting to a generalization in a way that hopefully gives a few folks a chuckle. Smile

In the end, isn't that all that really matters. Smile

(12-04-2017 02:12 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  It is. In the land of beer, sausage, and cheese.

Per istam sanctan unctionem et suam piissimam misericordiam, indulgeat tibi Dominus quidquid per visum, audtiotum, odorátum, gustum et locutiónem, tactum, gressum deliquisti. Amen.

(26-04-2017 10:06 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Mmmmm Consider This thread currently is like watching a very very uneven boxing match, painful.....but hard not to watch. Ouch ! Wink

All is not lost my friend, all is not lost. I read about a seemingly uneven match many years ago and it too seemed as if all was lost yet here we are still celebrating Easter. Yes
26-04-2017, 03:41 PM
(26-04-2017 03:27 PM)Yogi_Bear Wrote:  All is not lost my friend, all is not lost. I read about a seemingly uneven match many years ago and it too seemed as if all was lost yet here we are still celebrating Easter.

Oh? You're going to start answering questions?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
26-04-2017, 07:46 PM
(25-04-2017 03:10 PM)‘Yogi_Bear’ pid=‘1176461 Wrote:Not Just thinking out loud at all here.......

My bad, should have fixed this for you earlier.

You’re welcome.

So do you acknowledge that just because many people subscribe or believe in something does not make it true?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
26-04-2017, 09:20 PM
(26-04-2017 03:27 PM)Yogi_Bear Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 02:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  In the end, isn't that all that really matters. Smile

Per istam sanctan unctionem et suam piissimam misericordiam, indulgeat tibi Dominus quidquid per visum, audtiotum, odorátum, gustum et locutiónem, tactum, gressum deliquisti. Amen.

All is not lost my friend, all is not lost. I read about a seemingly uneven match many years ago and it too seemed as if all was lost yet here we are still celebrating Easter. Yes

Which has nothing to do with whether it actually happened or not.
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
27-04-2017, 12:59 AM
(26-04-2017 07:46 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(25-04-2017 03:10 PM)‘Yogi_Bear’ pid=‘1176461 Wrote:Not Just thinking out loud at all here.......

My bad, should have fixed this for you earlier.

You’re welcome.

So do you acknowledge that just because many people subscribe or believe in something does not make it true?

Not nice, FC!

Wait, maybe I should read through the rest of the thread before I say that. Dodgy
27-04-2017, 02:12 AM
What's the difference between an atheist saying they hope something happens, and a religious person praying to God, asking for it to happen? It seems to me these are effectively the same thing.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-04-2017, 04:25 AM
(27-04-2017 02:12 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  What's the difference between an atheist saying they hope something happens, and a religious person praying to God, asking for it to happen? It seems to me these are effectively the same thing.

> During my youth, I observed that things which I wished for came to pass with about the same frequency of things I prayed for. Consider
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post