Spin-off of Why I believe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2017, 05:33 PM
RE: Spin-off of Why I believe
(11-04-2017 04:53 PM)A_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Unless you have evidence of a suicide bomber of any age yelling anything other than Allahn Akbar I can only assume your are:

Well, the ones in WWII yelled "Banzai!!!".

(11-04-2017 04:53 PM)A_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  1 lacking knowledge of different religions of the world and Christianity

Do you honestly want to start comparing sins? Really?

Because you're missing the whole point.

(11-04-2017 04:53 PM)A_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  2 seriously out of touch with current events

Hear that whistling noise? Feel the breeze? That's the point sailing right over your head.

(11-04-2017 04:53 PM)A_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  3 your hostility towards God is showing and duly noted

Any hostility would be directed at the delusional worshipers. Kinda hard to be hostile to something that doesn't exist.

So. The point. You figure it out yet?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
11-04-2017, 05:33 PM
(11-04-2017 05:18 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 04:53 PM)A_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  3 your hostility towards God is showing and duly noted

You really *are* a special kind of dumb, aren't you (and by special, sadly, I mean a dime a dozen).

Let me spell it to you in musical form (I've been told a lot of the simpler folk find it easier to comprehend things this way)

"Brothers and sisters, have you heard the news?
The storm has lifted and there's nothing to lose
So swap your confirmation for your dancing shoes
Because there never was no God
Step out of the darkness and onto the streets
Forget about the fast, let's have a carnival feast
Raise up your lowered head to hear the liberation beat

There is no God
So clap your hands together
There is no God
No heaven and no hell
There is no God
We're all in this together
There is no God
So ring that victory bell

No cowering in the dark before some overbearing priest
Not waiting until we die until we restitute the meek
No blaming all our failings on imaginary beasts
No fighting over land your distant fathers told you of
Not spilling blood for those who have never spread a drop of blood
No finger pointing justified by phantoms up above

There is no God
There is no God
No heaven and no hell
There is no God
There is no God
So ring that victory bell

And I know you're scared of dying man and I am too
But just pretending it's not happening isn't going to see us through
And if we accept that there's an end game and we haven't got much time
Then in the here and now we can try and do things right
We'd be our own Salvation Army, and together we'd believe
In all the wondrous things that mere mortals can achieve

Because I've known beauty in the stillness of cathedrals in the day
I've sung "Glory Hallelujah! Won't you wash my sins away?"
But now I'm singing my refrain and this is what I say
I say there never was no God

There is no God
There is no God
No heaven and no hell
There is no God
There is no God
So ring that victory bell"

All together now: There is noooooo god [Image: smiley-face-whistle-1.gif]

Your god is fiction, always was, always will be. Well, until the time it's barely remembered as one of the more vile and hateful mythologies humanity shackled itself with in its infancy anyway Drinking Beverage

Ok I can't say I clapped my hands but seriously that was a catchy toe tapping tune on the organ
11-04-2017, 05:44 PM
(11-04-2017 05:33 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  So. The point. You figure it out yet?

Heh. I can quote myself. Heh.

Anyway...

The point in bringing up suicide bombers is not that islam and chrisitianity are the same.

The point is that muslim suicide bombers are acting on FAITH in their god.

Why is their faith wrong and your faith right?

Every believer claims to have the ONE TRUE FAITH.

Until a believer provides empirical evidence, something concrete, verifiable, testable and repeatable, then faith is meaningless.

Faith is not a virtue. Faith is gullibility.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
11-04-2017, 06:00 PM
(11-04-2017 04:20 PM)A_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 12:19 PM)adey67 Wrote:  

I acknowledge your issues with the username though not necessarily with your claim but regardless if I may, allow me to make this proposition if the moderators are ok and you are ok with it. You chose a user name for me and the mods can change it. I only ask that you agree to one condition, that you approach making this choice for me with the same consideration that you would want someone else to have for you if you proposed this to them

As a curiosity would you consider any other member here to have username that might be considered as passive aggressive or possibly deliberately provocative to a theist, just wondering out loud.

Nevertheless I'm good with my proposal, I place my username in your hands as a fellow member of our human family

If you want to change your username then choose a new one yourself something that reflects you and your personality perhaps. Thinking about it the term passive aggressive is probably inaccurate and unfair, provocative yes, passive aggressive not so much. You choose what you want to do. BTW there are plenty of usernames on here provocative and passive aggressive to theists but this isn't a theist forum, theists are welcome but they don't get to complain about provocative usernames in the same way I don't get to complain if I'm on a theist forum.
11-04-2017, 06:05 PM
(11-04-2017 04:26 AM)A_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  ...Second what are implying I'm gullible of?

For starters... having a belief in the existence of supernatural entities and paranormal phenomena in the real world. Weeping

Oh... and choosing an oxymoron as your user name.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
11-04-2017, 06:10 PM
(11-04-2017 06:00 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 04:20 PM)A_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I acknowledge your issues with the username though not necessarily with your claim but regardless if I may, allow me to make this proposition if the moderators are ok and you are ok with it. You chose a user name for me and the mods can change it. I only ask that you agree to one condition, that you approach making this choice for me with the same consideration that you would want someone else to have for you if you proposed this to them

As a curiosity would you consider any other member here to have username that might be considered as passive aggressive or possibly deliberately provocative to a theist, just wondering out loud.

Nevertheless I'm good with my proposal, I place my username in your hands as a fellow member of our human family

If you want to change your username then choose a new one yourself something that reflects you and your personality perhaps. Thinking about it the term passive aggressive is probably inaccurate and unfair, provocative yes, passive aggressive not so much. You choose what you want to do. BTW there are plenty of usernames on here provocative and passive aggressive to theists but this isn't a theist forum, theists are welcome but they don't get to complain about provocative usernames in the same way I don't get to complain if I'm on a theist forum.
I can't argue with that logic, perhaps Yogi_Bear is available, or some variation of it. Yogi Bear is our one year old salt and pepper Miniature Schnauzer that I love way too much. What is the process to request this change
11-04-2017, 06:13 PM
(11-04-2017 06:05 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 04:26 AM)A_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  ...Second what are implying I'm gullible of?

For starters... having a belief in the existence of supernatural entities and paranormal phenomena in the real world. Weeping

Guilty as charged Thumbsup
11-04-2017, 06:23 PM
(11-04-2017 06:13 PM)A_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 06:05 PM)SYZ Wrote:  For starters... having a belief in the existence of supernatural entities and paranormal phenomena in the real world. Weeping

Guilty as charged Thumbsup

Do you not see that as being gullible?
Do you not think in general that it is gullible to accept an explanation that can not be tested or confirmed in any way?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
11-04-2017, 06:23 PM
(11-04-2017 06:10 PM)A_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 06:00 PM)adey67 Wrote:  If you want to change your username then choose a new one yourself something that reflects you and your personality perhaps. Thinking about it the term passive aggressive is probably inaccurate and unfair, provocative yes, passive aggressive not so much. You choose what you want to do. BTW there are plenty of usernames on here provocative and passive aggressive to theists but this isn't a theist forum, theists are welcome but they don't get to complain about provocative usernames in the same way I don't get to complain if I'm on a theist forum.
I can't argue with that logic, perhaps Yogi_Bear is available, or some variation of it. Yogi Bear is our one year old salt and pepper Miniature Schnauzer that I love way too much. What is the process to request this change
Aww dogs are awesome and Schnauzers are cute, I have a Staffordshire bull terrier myself. I don't know how you change usernames I think you have to ask the admin team. Message one of the mods or moms who is head honcho here.
11-04-2017, 06:33 PM
(11-04-2017 08:18 AM)A_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 07:57 AM)Aliza Wrote:  You're on their turf.

Ugh, I hate when Christians come to atheist forums and try to tell the locals what's what.

I agree it is their turf but it is stated the forum is open to everyone. As to what's what I was simply responding to others post. Isn't that how people share differing ideas?

We keep it that way. Any atheist who goes to a jesus freak forum gets banned quite quickly because you guys lack the courage of your convictions. The very thought that someone disputes your silliness drives you all nuts. In that, you are quite islamic!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post