Spinoff: What was your best / worst job?
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
17-02-2017, 11:18 PM
RE: Spinoff: What was your best / worst job?
Worst: Cold calling trying to sell appliance maintenance agreements to Sears customers from 6-9PM

Best: Now, running my real estate investment company from my home 95% of the time. The other 5% I go visit to see how things are looking.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
17-02-2017, 11:36 PM
RE: Spinoff: What was your best / worst job?
Best - my years as a bartender. I was hired by a company that was opening a new restaurant and dance club. They taught me how to tend bar in a high end way. Fancy free-pouring and specialty drinks, I was 19 and it was a great gig. I got to spend weekends with my friends (while getting paid) and was also paid to go check out potential bands to book. From there I worked at everything from a country club to a cowboy bar. For a while I freelanced for weddings at various locations. Another cool place was the only rock and roll bar (with live music) in a cowboy town in AZ. Made awesome money!

Worst...working in a die cast farm toy factory. UGH!

Through my years of working as a bookkeeper I have always liked the work but have had to work with complete jerks which made the job bad. It wasn't the work, it was the environment. I now have a bookkeeping position that I really like a lot.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-02-2017, 04:59 PM
RE: Spinoff: What was your best / worst job?
Worst? Washing dishes in a small cafe: lasted less than a day.

Best? When I became an Overload escort car driver. I was my own boss and could take or deny any job I wanted. Traveled all over the US and Canada. Finally had to retire due to exhaustion from driving across the state and returning in one day. It was an age thing. But I loved the travel. [Image: SU5sBDu.gif?zoom=2]

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply
Forum Jump: