Spinoff: What was your best / worst job?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2018, 05:17 AM
RE: Spinoff: What was your best / worst job?
Best: Ask me again after graduation

Worst: My last full time job at the end. Had to choose between it and school. Very easy decision. They showed their understanding by trying to give my job to someone else while I was home for a family memeber's memorial with plans to let me go the day I came back. The person declined and they had to let me finish my notice.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes highlander4h's post
23-04-2018, 07:43 AM
My best job is probably my current one (a web developer). I get to do what I like (for the most part) with the best boss I've ever had. I live a mile and a half from where I work and the schedule is relatively flexible.

My worst job was probably the 3rd shift manufacturing job I had at a window company one summer. I had to work overtime, the OT was tacked on at the beginning of the shift (which cut into being able to do stuff in the evening), and the just in general just sucked.
23-04-2018, 10:13 AM
Best: My current job. Get paid the most I ever have, and the environment is pretty chiled out as well. Great colleagues and my boss is pretty nice as well.

Worst: I once worked in a "print" factory, that prints the designs onto various packaging. It was 12 hour shifts, 4 days on, 4 days off. It just sucked the life outta me. It was the worst.

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
23-04-2018, 10:24 AM
Oops, I forgot about my best job. I guess when I taught costume history, design and construction at a college for 6 years it was pretty neat. I also taught the theatre makeup classes.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
23-04-2018, 10:47 AM
Best job I ever had was at a radio station writing and producing adds, reading news and running live remotes.

I loved it because I would be by myself from 6am to 8am when the rest of the staff came in. Worked by myself for the most part didn't have to deal with the public. It was a mom and pop old folks station so the downside was the music wasn't my taste, and Christmas was the worst because we'd have to do 3 and 6 hour live shifts playing Christmas music from Thanksgiving to New Years. The pay sucked too, but it was far better than all the retail and restaurant work I have also done.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-04-2018, 11:01 AM
Best: Childhood
Worst: Aldulting
[+] 1 user Likes jonqpublic's post
23-04-2018, 04:20 PM
Good question actually.

Best job ever: The one I have right now.

Worst job ever:
I had so many horrible bad jobs it is very hard to pick the worst but maybe this one:
Working at the car rental reservation call center. Horrible shifts, out-dated computers, out-dated systems, being charged the training and chained into the contract because of it, worst shift planning on the fucking planet, 1hr commute one way, didn't even get off for my wedding (had to move the fucking wedding!), loud, unreachable targets, rude customers, now possibility to grow inside the company, no learning opportunities, no challenges, etc...

Yea I had lots of bad jobs...

Captain Underpants
23-04-2018, 10:25 PM
After I was released from the army service in my country I worked as עuard in a hotel it was my worst job... I really hated this job.

Now after I earn my first degree in computer science I work as a programmer and I really really love this job and this is the best job I ever was!

I'm here not only to speak about things are interesting and I like.
But also to learn English (English is not my first language)...

You are more than welcome to correct me for wrong English speaking Smile
[+] 1 user Likes shazoomx4's post
28-04-2018, 11:19 PM
Worst: Stocking the shelves and driving a forklift at Sam's Club. Lots of manual labor with little reward.

Best: Cataloger for an online estate sale auction company. This involved lotting and staging items for sale; researching the history of art, antiques and general items; working with a photographer to produce online listings; communicating with homeowners and customers; and facilitating item pickup.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
29-04-2018, 11:56 AM
Best (and lowest paid): Lab assistant in the electronics lab of my university just after i graduated. Job was to tutor all the german and foreign students.
The head of the electronics department (= my boss) was in charge of international relations and took care of establishing contact with foreign universities and recruit exchange students.

His two foreign languages: Spanish and portugese.
Countries we had relations with: Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Equador, Puerto Rico
And boy did they send girls exchange students. Drooling
Can you imagine the damage done to a guy like me in his late 20s? Weeping Angel
Ended up with a gf from Equador and her being mad at me for just looking at her friend from Brazil at a party, to whom she introduced me in the first place. Facepalm

Worst:
Got fucking baited by a fucking asshole with a slave owners mentality. Ended up being mobbed by him, and had to go to court. He got his sorry ass kicked and even his lawyer excused himself for having to represent him. Hobo

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse