"Spiritual Resilence"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2015, 03:56 AM
"Spiritual Resilence"
So for those that don't know within the military we have what are know as chaplins which are basically preachers masked as psychologist. Now these chaplins can be of any religion but for the most part they tend to be christian.

Now for the air force these chaplins are heavily favored and actually speak a lot at events and such. One of the main things they push air force wide is something called spiritual resilience which assumes we all have a spirit. I'm not going to get into how retarded it is to push something like this air force wide when it hasn't been scientifically proven.

Anyway I found one of many of these spiritual resilience pamphlets and wow...for a government entity to approve this is amazing. On one of the pages it has a blurb about having a belief system. They list atheism as a belief. Which basically shows how misrepresent we are in the military. Anyone with a basic understanding of an atheistic view know this is not accurate.

Then on another page they have a breakdown on what 4 part are essential to the core of a person. It's broken down into physical,emotional, social, and "spiritual". In the spiritual section it reads, "applying values and working out the difference between right and wrong through discussion extends your spiritual well being". Ummmm....what the fuck? First off the four sections are fucking retarding seeing as social and spiritual can be tied to emotional. Secondly knowing right from wrong is just knowing what's right from wrong that's it. Again where is this scientifically proven as fact. That's really where my gripe is. How can a government funded entity sit here and fund this as well as distribute something without seeing the impact of spreading unverified information?

What's so bad is that there are worst ones out here than this one. All of them I have found have been christian theme. I've yet to find any others that are remotely about any other religion even though they mention being tolerant of all belief systems.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2015, 04:16 AM
RE: "Spiritual Resilence"
Can you take photos of the pages and post them?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
02-07-2015, 04:23 AM
(02-07-2015 04:16 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Can you take photos of the pages and post them?

Yeah I was trying to from my phone but the file is too big.
02-07-2015, 04:29 AM
(02-07-2015 04:23 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Yeah I was trying to from my phone but the file is too big.

Too bad. I suppose it is somewhere on the net.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
02-07-2015, 04:40 AM
Ok so I attached a few photos of the pages I was talking about as well as what the pamphlet looks like.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-07-2015, 05:28 AM
Seems like a lot of new age crap to me. Considering the numerous psychological issues soldiers face, shouldn't they devote more time to teaching them to recognise signs of depression, anxiety, fear and post-traumatic stress and learn how to reduce their prevalence?
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
02-07-2015, 05:33 AM
(02-07-2015 05:28 AM)epronovost Wrote:  Seems like a lot of new age crap to me. Considering the numerous psychological issues soldiers face, shouldn't they devote more time to teaching them to recognise signs of depression, anxiety, fear and post-traumatic stress and learn how to reduce their prevalence?

It would be nice if they even cared remotely about the issue but no lets spend millions of fictitious bullshit.
02-07-2015, 05:36 AM
(02-07-2015 04:40 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Ok so I attached a few photos of the pages I was talking about as well as what the pamphlet looks like.

This is the military, right???

Banjo.
02-07-2015, 05:42 AM
I made my master thesis in history on the social evolution of the army from the 16th century to modern ones. I have noticed that the army seems to be an institution that's a bit backward when it comes to its own knowledge. They are keenly aware of an enormous amount of fact and problems, but seems to stay fixed for a long amount of time before changing its practice and rules.
02-07-2015, 05:43 AM
(02-07-2015 05:36 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 04:40 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Ok so I attached a few photos of the pages I was talking about as well as what the pamphlet looks like.

This is the military, right???

Yes more specifically the air force.