Split form Deesse23s "my mother died" thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2017, 10:09 AM
Split form Deesse23s "my mother died" thread
Since the original thread is in the personal issues part of the forum with somewhat stricter rules of speech, i would like to repost my last post here for open discussion, since i think there is som insight to a particular culture and religion (not that other religions and cultures based on those are any better, but i just made an experience with this particular one).

Here is the original thread.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1169014

(almost) final update. Im getting settled now, getting all the paperwork done too.

Last thing to do is to sign the contract with the buyers of my house (feels so weird to say *my*, anyway...). Someting very interesting seems to unavel, paticularly interesting to atheists.

My lawyer-friend is not only representing me, but is also in clase contact with the supposed buyers, so she has insight to what happens as they try to prepare to sign the contract and get the loan from the bank.

The buyers are a couple of practicing muslims (the wife is wearing a Hijab i have been told, havent seen her yet, and judging from the name of oriental heritage, the name is Al Hussein), both born in the 70s, and they have four kids.
As it turned out, the husband wants to be the sole signatory to the contract, and thus the sole owner of the house! My friend (a woman!) told his wife then, in a meeting, that this is rather uncommon, and would put her ad a somewhat disadvantage if they decide at some time to get divorced, and that she has rights being a woman/wife in Germany. Because, although she can claim half the property after divorce, she has to actively push it. The husband can even throw her out of the house, because he is the owner until it is sold and the money split amongs them. My friend explained a few other things and it turned out that the wife seemingly didnt know at all about her rights in Germany as a woman/wife. Looks like her husband did not only try to be incontrol of everything in their marriage, but he seems to have *not bothered* to tell her what her rights actually are.

Next week will be the meeting for signing the contract, and there will very probably be some kind of drama on their side as to who exactly is going to sign. Not that this has to bother me form a business perspective as long as i get the suitcase with with the €. Cool

If everything turns out *bad* i wont sell a house at all, be responsible for a divorce and probably a deconvesion. Laugh out load
I would be concerned about the kids actually, and i have other people interested in the house. Still it bugs me, how this husband seems to treat his wife and mother of his four kids. Angry Censored

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
11-04-2017, 10:27 AM
RE: Split form Deesse23s "my mother died" thread
I have to wonder if the husband is just a control freak with or without his religion. And the wife knows nothing different because she's always been controlled.

I actually think that such a controling environment is the psychological appeal for some people. The entire setup of any religion is a codependent relationship.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
11-04-2017, 12:25 PM
RE: Split form Deesse23s "my mother died" thread
Good point Kim. Maybe i will find out more next week when i probably meet the wife in person, with her husband in one room.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse