Splitting Threads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: Splitting Threads
(07-11-2013 07:00 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 04:24 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  You stole my word. Not cool, old man. Tongue

What? Next?Tongue

Douchebaggery Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2013, 03:27 AM
This is just silly. If a thread is split the subject of the thread will contain the original name and the reason why it was split.

Also when a post is split it isn't possible to add a new original post after the fact. The posts are sorted chronologically so new posts will always appear at the end of the thread. I'm not going to add the ability to mess with timestamps. It's a waste of time.

If I was splitting threads - editing/customising the thread subject is all you would get and maybe if your lucky I'd post in it saying why.

Editing the first post is a possibility but I wouldn't hold anyone to that. Who wants to be tied down with extra work. Splitting threads can be a real hassle - especially when the shit posts are sprinkled in between the posts you want to keep. Why add to that work?

Just be grateful and shut up! Tongue Big Grin

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
12-11-2013, 05:01 AM
(12-11-2013 03:27 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  This is just silly. If a thread is split the subject of the thread will contain the original name and the reason why it was split.

Also when a post is split it isn't possible to add a new original post after the fact. The posts are sorted chronologically so new posts will always appear at the end of the thread. I'm not going to add the ability to mess with timestamps. It's a waste of time.

If I was splitting threads - editing/customising the thread subject is all you would get and maybe if your lucky I'd post in it saying why.

Editing the first post is a possibility but I wouldn't hold anyone to that. Who wants to be tied down with extra work. Splitting threads can be a real hassle - especially when the shit posts are sprinkled in between the posts you want to keep. Why add to that work?

Just be grateful and shut up! Tongue Big Grin

OK. Fair enough.

In that case, could the mods please ask Muffsy to do the thread-splitting 'cause he seems to have the power, on occasion, to be able to post non-chronologically.

Cheers.

12-11-2013, 06:31 AM
(12-11-2013 05:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  In that case, could the mods please ask Muffsy to do the thread-splitting 'cause he seems to have the power, on occasion, to be able to post non-chronologically.

Cheers.

Hi DLJ,

Really?

Can you show me an example?

Sounds freaky! I'm interested now!

You've got me curious...

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
12-11-2013, 06:43 AM
Yea DLJ, can you show me an example too?
I'm also curious... Dodgy

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
12-11-2013, 07:04 AM
I was referring to the little prob from a few days ago when posts were appearing in the wrong order.

Y'know like a few months ago when we had that thread that appeared to have KC declaring that he was pregnant (or something) because his reply appeared above the OP.

12-11-2013, 07:13 AM
Ohhh right.
Yea, that shit was whack.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
12-11-2013, 07:14 AM
(12-11-2013 07:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I was referring to the little prob from a few days ago when posts were appearing in the wrong order.

Y'know like a few months ago when we had that thread that appeared to have KC declaring that he was pregnant (or something) because his reply appeared above the OP.

I remember that, haha!

It may happen again until we get a bigger server, which should be soon. Server goes: "too much information at once, hiccup! "

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-11-2013, 07:24 AM
(12-11-2013 07:14 AM)Dom Wrote:  ...
Server goes: "too much information at once, hiccup! "

I get that too when I read anything from cjlr.

Blush

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
12-11-2013, 10:08 AM
(12-11-2013 07:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 07:14 AM)Dom Wrote:  ...
Server goes: "too much information at once, hiccup! "

I get that too when I read anything from cjlr.

Blush

Thumbsup

[Image: tumblr_mtjjfj9CuU1ryu3g1o1_500.gif]

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post